Amato Widebody (1 Viewer)

Bullet

Nitro Member
Whatever happened to the Amato widebody?

It was run a few times but then disappeared, obviously Darrell Russell's accident impacted things (man, that still upsets me greatly), I expected it to be seen at some point on the track again.

I assume Davenport has it?

The last time it ran that I know of was when Morgan Lucas was getting his top fuel license at Maple Grove...It had been painted (wraped?) into Lucas colors.

I am also interested to see where it ended up.... :confused:

Whatever happened to the Amato widebody?

It was run a few times but then disappeared, obviously Darrell Russell's accident impacted things (man, that still upsets me greatly), I expected it to be seen at some point on the track again.

I assume Davenport has it?

Paul,

Did you ever catch the article they had in DA about the wide body? It was an interesting read.

Well if someone can find something out that would be cool, I was wondering about this a couple of months back. I know the main deal with it, was being the first (correct me if I'm wrong) one piece body. Paul S, was right about Lucas running it, he also had it out for a Qualifier at the Memphis race in 2004

IM000362.jpg

(not my photo), but the original was massive

I remember they did a story on ESPN2 about the strength of that one piece body, and they had Wayne Dupuy (I believe) standing on it while it was off the frame. I also remember thinking, "wow that's one strong piece". No offense to Wayne, cause I'm a heffer myself!

You have to wonder Davenport from Las Vegas that purchased Amato's complete operation got it with the whole lot? Sure would make a killer A/FD body.

I thought the one-piece body was designed by both Dupuy and Brad Hadman. Amato funded it. So, maybe Dupuy and/or Hadman own it now and it was not part of the deal to Davenport.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back