Am I the only one... (1 Viewer)

Gordon

Nitro Member
... who purposely avoids the internet in general and Nitromater (and other NHRA / Drag Racing web sites) specifically on Sunday to avoid knowing the results prior to the race coverage on ESPN2? Just curious.

Nope not me..I drive right in there ,,I want to know the second it happens..can;t stand the wait LOL:D

... who purposely avoids the internet in general and Nitromater (and other NHRA / Drag Racing web sites) specifically on Sunday to avoid knowing the results prior to the race coverage on ESPN2? Just curious.

I am with you only on Sundays. I like not knowing who wins, it adds to the anxiety.

no u are definitely not the onlyone ! about the middle of last season i stop following the racing online, why u ask ?? because i found myself falling asleep during the broadcast. in otherwords the broadcast was boring me to tears, especially knowing the results already. so in order to spice the show up for myself i stop logging on the internet. those west coast races are torture, i gotta wait till 10 or 11 to find out who won !! :)

no u are definitely not the onlyone ! about the middle of last season i stop following the racing online, why u ask ?? because i found myself falling asleep during the broadcast. in otherwords the broadcast was boring me to tears, especially knowing the results already. so in order to spice the show up for myself i stop logging on the internet. those west coast races are torture, i gotta wait till 10 or 11 to find out who won !! :)

I hear ya... fortunately I'm on the west coast so it's not quite so bad for me.:)

Waiting? That's so "80's"....Ralph Shaheen TNN American Sports Calvacade Days!!! Hell, with Ghio & Stalcup here on the 'Mater... you don't even need to be an NHRA member or listen at all!!!!!
I'm all over it, man. Short of calling one of the guys on thier cell.... I need to stay abreast of what's going on minute by minute on race weekends. That way I know wether it's even worth watching TV at all.

For quals I would read about them and then watch if they were on early enough. It would all depend on what time the Elims were on and would get over as i have to get up very early. If they got over by 10p I would usually avoid the internet for results and watch it. but if it ended at 11a or later I was all over the results on line. I now have a DVR built into my cable box so I can see myself avoiding the results for the later broadcasts and watching the next day. I know I could have done the same with my VCR, but the DVR makes it easier. :D

I love Ray's/Karl's & David's Friday qualifying updates..(hell I'm doin shots with 'em)..

But Sat/Sunday I'm all over not looking..:D

So I'm with ya Gordon

Early in the season, I have to at least find out about round 1 on Sundays. Mid-season....I'm all over checking results online or on my phone. I'll usually go to at least the semi's results, then watch the finals on the broadcast.

NO! You ARE NOT ALONE!!!

It's why you will NEVER see me post on Sunday. I record the race, and watch it after my family is in bed Sunday evening. Avoids the constant interruptions and "since you're just sitting there doing nothing!" situations. I personally do not desire live raceday programs. The current setup works fine for me. I do not like spending nice summer Sundays in the house watching TV. (My better half does not appreciate that either.) Much rather record the program and watch it after the house settles down.

I avoid Nitromater on Sunday like the plague for that very reason.

Along with about 50% of you I avoid the Racing sites on Sunday.
It makes the Tv show that much more enjoyable for me.

The only thing I can watch after I know the result is Drag Racing, I still watch even though I know who won, but any other sport I wont' watch if I know the result.

I've been listening to the audiocast on sundays.
and then watch the show later,that way I know what to be on the lookout for when the tv show is on.
upsets
or burndowns...ect....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back