Allen Johnson's 2008 Scheme (1 Viewer)

I think the new scheme is killer looking myself......

Samuel, my money would be on them going with the Avenger or the new Challenger....

i can see it now- in two to three years pro stock will be the retro challenger , mustangs and camaros and pontiac will have this front wheel drive rental car g6 :mad: they shoulda built a retro GTO not an austrailian 4 door :mad:

i can see it now- in two to three years pro stock will be the retro challenger , mustangs and camaros and pontiac will have this front wheel drive rental car g6 :mad: they shoulda built a retro GTO not an austrailian 4 door :mad:

Jeff...you may have hit the nail on the head! The pony car wars could be back on the starting line in a couple years. Maybe Pontiac will offer a Firebird version of the Camaro...that would make everything perfect...again!!!

Don't the pony cars have a bigger frontal area than the current pro stock cars? Who would want to switch and pick up more drag at this point? Just wondering.:confused:

Maybe the NHRA versions will be Shetlands.;)

aren't the MoPars already 7/8 scale, and is any P/S running a factory wheelbase? Pro Stocks have been Gas Fired Funny Cars since Grumpy's '72 Vega... strange how in less than three years P/S got right back on the road the class was created to get off of... just carbs and no nitro...

d'kid

aren't the MoPars already 7/8 scale, and is any P/S running a factory wheelbase? Pro Stocks have been Gas Fired Funny Cars since Grumpy's '72 Vega... strange how in less than three years P/S got right back on the road the class was created to get off of... just carbs and no nitro...

d'kid

You're right Karl. I passed a Cobalt SS on the highway yesterday and it appeared to be 1/2 size of a current Pro Stocker. If you put a 500" motor in a production Cobalt I think it would take up half the car!

I'd love to see NHRA use the resurgent muscle car craze as an opportunity to get back to production sized race cars. It's so far out of whack right now it's silly. That Cobalt reminded me of a Neon...tiny, tiny, tiny and totally incapable of being a real drag race car!

I think it looks great, it's looking like Liquid Steel I suppose?

And +1 on the Challenger Pro Stockers!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back