All Access on Chromebook or Roku (1 Viewer)

Rick the Rocket

Nitro Member
Has anyone been able to use a chromebook to watch all access?

I was trying to figure out what devices I am going to use before making the purchase. I am able to watch the free video on the all access page on my android phone but my chromebook doesn't seem to work for it.

The chromebook has hdmi out and would be very convenient but it is gen 1 it lacks chromecast ability maybe later models would work.

The test video is partial screen of the strip and also has a small NHRA all access ad on the screen. I assume that the purchased feeds are full screen, is that correct? Oh, they just went full screen when they started racing. Never mind...

I also figured out the roku, but you can't access the test video.

Last edited:
There is an app for the Roku. From the Roku home screen I searched for NHRA and it found the All Access app. The app has an entry box for your receipt number or your email address. Like I said, on the Roku you can't access the free video I was using for testing.

I also cast the video from my phone to my chromecast and the video looked fine.

There is an app for the Roku. From the Roku home screen I searched for NHRA and it found the All Access app. The app has an entry box for your receipt number or your email address. Like I said, on the Roku you can't access the free video I was using for testing.

I also cast the video from my phone to my chromecast and the video looked fine.

I need to see if they have an app for the Apple TV. Then again, Imight not be able to get it because I have a version of the Apple TV that is no longer receiving updates for the OS and you can't download apps for it via iTunes and the like.

OK, they don't have an app for an Apple TV, but I think I can use my iPad to "throw" it to my Apple TV. I also have a Roku, so I might go down that path instead of hassling with my iPad/Apple TV.

OK, they don't have an app for an Apple TV, but I think I can use my iPad to "throw" it to my Apple TV. I also have a Roku, so I might go down that path instead of hassling with my iPad/Apple TV.

Tom which Roku do you have, mine is pretty old Roku 2xs, I'm wondering what the video quality will be like. I'll probably signup in a few weeks, guess I'll know then. I know the youtube videos don't look that good on it. But I am using 480i out, I really need to upgrade my AVR.

Tom which Roku do you have, mine is pretty old Roku 2xs, I'm wondering what the video quality will be like. I'll probably signup in a few weeks, guess I'll know then. I know the youtube videos don't look that good on it. But I am using 480i out, I really need to upgrade my AVR.

I have a Roku 3- 1080P out.

This is a duplicate post of what I put in the "some access" thread, but I feel it is applies to this conversation. As an added note: my phone seemed to use around 3 gig while watching the 4th qualifying session, probably going to prevent using this service much at the campgrounds.

I was at Eldora this weekend. I watched the 4th round of pro qualifying. It eventually worked okay on my phone. The cell tower was apparently loaded down, there was a big turnout in the campground. I never got access on my chromebook or the Roku. I think the cell lag was too great for the Roku.

After getting home I was able to use the Roku no problem, but I never did get the chromebook to work. It's a gen 1, I'm curious if a newer chromebook would work.

I have the older Roku also, works really well. Just go to "Add Channel" and search for NHRA. Definitely looks great in 1080.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back