NHRA All Access (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
I watch All Access but would like to have the ability to tape(???) the live show and play it back when I want and fast forward past what I might not want to watch. Anybody have a magic way to do it?

A couple of days after the event you can easily do that so I assume that is not what you are talking about. On the day of the event you can generally skip all around the entire event from the point you started to the point you stop (on a single PC) .... if I recall correctly you just can't let the event come to an end (it then limits rewinding) ....but as long as you say go back to very early in the event you are good to go.

I often watch in my shop, my racecar trailer, and while mowing in a tractor ... I use the shop as the one that stays on all day and I'll sporadically rewind. The other two, I come and go so much that I rarely deviate from the live feed (and the tractor ride is just not that smooth with a touch screen!).

Jeff, so if I turn on at the beginning and leave it on I can go back if I want too? If I start at the beginning, leave it on, and go somewhere I can come back, rewind, and watch it to the end as long as I come back before the event is over. If I start watching and the event ends will I still see it to the end even though the event has ended?:rolleyes:

I think so Terry. Here is what I recall being fairly successful doing: Turn it on very first thing. At some point maybe 5 hours into the show (when I have to be gone for a while) rewind it back almost to the beginning of the day. Even if I don't get back until after the event is over, if where my PC is playing the event is still going, then I can jump around and essentially watching the whole event. When the event ends on your PC you are done until it posts in archives, but as long as you rewind during that day it seems to stay available.

Yes you can.... move the cursor on the screen over the red bar that runs across the bottom. Click anywhere on that bar and it will go back to that point.

One thing I noticed is that if you use the Roku app, the broadcast will start from the very beginning and you have to fast forward until you get to the "live" portion. It's actually useful if they run a few classes on Sunday before the pre-race ceremonies. Then there are the times when the Roku app says "show starts in XX:XX" and won't let you select the feed, then you go on the All Access website to ChromeCast it and it's already started. :mad:

It's a very good product this year. Unfortunately, its not unusual for us to be driving home from a national event on Sunday and I will go for hours across multiple states without so much as a hiccup.

I watch All Access directly from the internet. To be able to do what you have recommended do I need to be accessing through Roku?

A couple of days after the event you can easily do that so I assume that is not what you are talking about. On the day of the event you can generally skip all around the entire event from the point you started to the point you stop (on a single PC) .... if I recall correctly you just can't let the event come to an end (it then limits rewinding) ....but as long as you say go back to very early in the event you are good to go.

I often watch in my shop, my racecar trailer, and while mowing in a tractor ... I use the shop as the one that stays on all day and I'll sporadically rewind. The other two, I come and go so much that I rarely deviate from the live feed (and the tractor ride is just not that smooth with a touch screen!).
How do you rewind?

At the very bottom of the screen, when you go down to that area a bar will come into view (at the extreme right of that bar is the word LIVE) just grab the dot at the right and drag it back to the left. When you rewind the first time your dot will logically be at the extreme right too, after you pull the timeline back the first time the little ball will show you where you are relative to the entire day's show.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back