Alan Reinhart... (1 Viewer)

Redman

Nitro Member
While it was a bit unnerving to not hear Bob Frey's voice on race day (NHRA.com/audio)... it was somehow comforting to hear the familiar voice of Alan Reinhart.

Well done.

Bob will never be forgotten. Alan now has the chance to carve out his own history.

Jim

Alan did a superb job as usual. I don't think they could have made a better choice.

I enjoyed listening to him in the TV booth for the alcohol cars. He is one of the best at explaining the technical side of the cars so everyone can understand.

I agree with the Oakley guy. Well done and hopefully this revolving announcer thing will morph into a full time deal for Alan. I will miss sitting in the stands at Pomona watching Super Stock time trials and hearing his unbridled love for the class.

Who is this "Reinhart" character? Never heard of him ... ;) :D :D

He won't be able to get his head through the door to the booth in Phoenix!

I am all for alan but isn't he sharing with two other guys when are they going to annonce? As I said in another thread for selfish reasons I hope he is doing sportsman at vegas easier to here his wit. I never lisen to the audio cast because I want to watch the ESPN show but that will change when Alan is doing the pro's.

I agree as well. Knowledgable and has a good TV voice. No derailment intended here but I do miss his "Stockers to the Lanes" call he used to post here. It added excitement for those of us who couldn't be there. You knew they were about to fire them up.

Alan? Do you have the time to post?

Cheers

I don't think you'd find one person....ok, maybe ONE.....that disliked any of the coverage this past weekend, with the new crew.

Superb job to all!!

Is Alan still working for the NHRA, or is he working for ESPN? If the latter, he might not be able to post anymore due to contractual obligations. Then again, Dave Rieff tweets all of the time, so I could be full of it...

I'm pretty certain the track announcer is either a track or NHRA employee. Only the people you hear on the TV and ESPN3 feed are TV employees.

Just been extremely busy.

Thank you all for the kind words. And especially Jim for starting the thread. I agree completely with Jim J. no one will replace Bob, but I'm glad to have this opportunity. All the guys in Pomona pulled together and I think did a very nice job. There is always room for improvement, but for a first effort (Joe and Nathan had never worked together) I was pleased with the way it went down.

And working with Dave Rieff is going to be a blast this year. After five minutes in the booth with him it felt like we had been working together for years, he is that good, and makes those around him comfortable and that just makes everything go that much better.

On to Phoenix........

Alan

Just been extremely busy.

Thank you all for the kind words. And especially Jim for starting the thread. I agree completely with Jim J. no one will replace Bob, but I'm glad to have this opportunity. All the guys in Pomona pulled together and I think did a very nice job. There is always room for improvement, but for a first effort (Joe and Nathan had never worked together) I was pleased with the way it went down.

And working with Dave Rieff is going to be a blast this year. After five minutes in the booth with him it felt like we had been working together for years, he is that good, and makes those around him comfortable and that just makes everything go that much better.

On to Phoenix........

Alan

When is the autograph session Alan? Just kidding...

There is always room for improvement, but for a first effort (Joe and Nathan had never worked together) I was pleased with the way it went down.

Alan,

I only listen to the sportsmen classes on the 'Net so that the ESPN coverage will be fresh-I thought the new guys did a great job-make sure you pass on to them how much the sportsmen racers appreciate them talking up our cars and how they should feel free to stop by our pits and get to know us.

I've no doubt that you and Dave will do a great job on the LODRS show-he has done a fine job the last few years and you and Bob were a riot when you did those shows together-is Jamie or John going to be the top end person?

This year's announcing should be great, they've assembled an excellent group of people. :cool:

Alan: does this mean you won't be doing your normal pre-finals talk & walk??? :( :( :(

And yes, everyone was great this past wknd!!!

Thank you!!! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back