Alan Johnson on WindTunnel Tonight (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Alan will be a guest of Dave Despain tonight on WindTunnel. I wonder if he will announce his TF driver for next year? Tune in to the Speed Channel @ 9 Eastern to find out.

Alan will be a guest of Dave Despain tonight on WindTunnel. I wonder if he will announce his TF driver for next year? Tune in to the Speed Channel @ 9 Eastern to find out.

Paul, or anyone who watches, could you maybe record it and youtube it? Would be greatly appreciated. I don't get speed channel here.

Thanks in advance :)

Just my worthless opinion but I dont think Alan is going to make his announcement on TV...I just dont see it happening in my view...But the way things have been happening this year, you never know.

Hum....

okay, guess I'll stay home and watch... was going to the center and watch k'dubs bowl...

d'kid

Thanks for the heads up Paul M. I don't usually watch that show (very little drag racing coverage), but I do tune in when I know he's covering our sport.

This could be VERY INTERESTING, I hope.

That was great! The huge pause by Alan after Dave asked him who the driver was going to be was classic!

the only thing I cared to hear was alan's comments about 1000' racing. Needless to say I didn't like the answer.
You weren't racing after 1000' before? funny, looked , sounded , and smelled like racing to this paying customer.

I 'm so over this bullsh9t

Thanks for the heads up Paul M. I don't usually watch that show (very little drag racing coverage)

As a person who is an all around racing fan, Windtunnel is a great show.

Also, Dave Despain was showing drag racing highlights back in the early 80's on his Motorweek Illustrated show on TBS. So I'll always checkout a show he is involved in.

The look on his face when asked if his TF driver is Dixon and how he did not deny the rumor solidifies what Shannon and others have said here.

'I hadn't heard that one'? Right.....

I do try to watch Windtunnel on off weekends...

d'kid

I got the heads up about the interview from a friend of mine. Bummer was that I had to work tonight and did not see it.:(

I asked some of my Friends at AJR to mess with the teleprompter....ala ANCHORMAN...and have them write:

"Yes, the rumor is true, Timmah will be my driver for 2009 and beyond..."

Good thing Alan is not like Ron Burgundy, after todays Chargers game I was hoping he would say this for me....

YouTube - Anchorman: ron burgundy & teleprompter

Oh well!!! Guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks!

OK I admit, I watched it. I usually don't watch that show either, because I usually get pissed after paitiently waiting 20 minutes for them to cover everything from ARCA to Canadian F-2 to lawnmower racing....only to have a 5 second NHRA blurb showing a clip of John Force from like 9 years ago.

The only interesting thing I got out of it was, when Despain was talking about him reading internet threads and the rumors...... Do you think he was talking about us here?

I think it's a great show, and Dave does a super job. He manages to remain knowledgeable about virtually all types of motorsports, and he does it with enthusiasm. Look, we love drag racing, so we'll never think he covers it enough, but I think he actually gives our sport a decent amount of exposure, considering he has to cover everything, including the 800lb. gorilla, NASCAR.

I record Windtunnel every Sunday night.....don't usually watch it until Monday or Tuesday, though. lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back