Al Unser Jr arrested again (1 Viewer)

I wish that would be prison time, but we know how our catch and release system seems to work. Unless they go the other way and try to make an example of him. I say his punishment should be the same as it would have been had everyone in that other car died, because it was only dumb luck and no fault of his that they didn't. Yeah, that's being real appreciative of your position in life.

CDL drivers, the ones who play a more integral part of the economy wouldn't nearly get the press time as Unser does, would be punished and punished severly.

He should be held to a much higher standard because of his high profile.

I know the link mentioned his `02 DUI arrest, but I think he even has another one on his record too. Didn`t remember the `02 arrest was for domestic violence also, sounds like Lil Al still has some more counseling to go through. Too bad, the guy had the open wheel racing world in the palm of his hand not so long ago.

CDL drivers, the ones who play a more integral part of the economy wouldn't nearly get the press time as Unser does, would be punished and punished severly.

He should be held to a much higher standard because of his high profile.

There are many attorneys out there now who specialize in trucking accidents. They will go back and try to find any discrepency such as your logbook not matching a weigh station's prepass (if your company uses the transponders) records of when you went by, the time that you fueled, etc. You see their billboard ads in several places. When they can get themselves between a sympathetic jury and a families with lost members or, better yet for them, someone who's messed up for life, their personal windfall can be many millions.

This really has very little to do with "Knowing better".

I have no sympathy for him other that at this point he is destroying his life, as the act of getting drunk requires a consious decision that a 'sane' person would be able to make if personal problems continued to arise despite efforts to change ones life and choices, and to have those efforts fail again and again.

The problem is that he is not 'sane'.

I'm not Dr. Phil, but I would venture to guess he is not happy over his actions and can tell right from wrong.

Hopefully he can get ahold of himself before either he or someone else pays dearly.

REX

I have no tolerance for drinking and driving. If the system had a stiff "two strikes and you're out" mandatory policy across the board, we may prevent some from doing it but the crying shame it the first strike still kills innocent people every day.

If the media put as much emphasis on drinking and driving deaths as they do on the number of troops killed in Iraq?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back