AJ + FORCE ? (1 Viewer)

Good for Alan.

He's such a talented gent and so bright that sitting on the sidelines must have been exceptionally difficult for him.

He has contributed so much to the sport as well as truly innovative hardware so I wish him all the best!

Some questions and observations here . . .
1. Having seen (from the inside) how AJ did things at DSR, the model is that EVERYONE does exactly what he says. I will be amazed if John can keep his mouth from interfering with driver instructions. Time will tell.
2. I realize that Alan was selling parts to other teams while winning championships with his own team. However, I feel the current situation is different. He is, I assume, being paid to get wins for JFR while reportedly assisting at least one other customer (Torrence/Capco). Is he also being paid by Torrence or simply offering assistance as a vendor? What is going to happen when an AJPE customer comes up against the Monster car?
3. Apparently, Alan has not yet spoken to Brittany (although many would thing that texts are speaking), the car has not been tested and there are three weeks to go before the start of the season. While Alan did say that the goal is to get Brit a win, that could take a long time, considering that there are three DSR cars with champion divers and veteran crews ( and possibly a fourth) who will hit the ground running, plus a few other teams that might be a little difficult to defeat.
This is gonna be interesting

Let's see....I lose my better tuners to the DSR team....how can we remedy this situation? Hire the BEST

AJ and Zippy together again:)

Jim,

AJ and Brittney have spoken, I have been in the same room with both of them at the same time.

Even when he was with DSR if a parts customer needed assistance, he would help his customer.

Something to consider, nobody has ever driven an AJ overseen car and failed to win. Nobody.

Something to consider, nobody has ever driven an AJ overseen car and failed to win. Nobody.

IIRC, the only actual time that AJ failed to produce a win was when Gary Scelzi made the switch from Top Fuel to Funny car in 2002 before he left then Bruce Sarver stepped in, and that only produced 1 runner-up.

Back to the thread, this is possibly the worst kept secret in professional drag racing. My wish is that her first win comes at Gainseville. :)

This guy is always in the same room with, at their computer, had dinner with...... What a rock star......too bad they don't do a 30 over 30:rolleyes:

I would imagine AJ's ultimate goal is still to field his own operation? Will he still actively persue funding for that? And if so, what happens if he lands a deal?

money buys HP and championships !! LOL :)
It's never been a secret that money will definitely help you step up your HP program, which in turn will help you win more races, which in turn will give you better odds at winning a championship. But, your clutch department, your driver, your crew, and some luck at the right time plays a major factor in winning a championship. There are a few other very well funded teams out there chasing that championship, also. If Leah doesn't win it i would like to see Brittany win the championship...but, I don't see it happening this year. A top 3 would be a real improvement, though. Monster is use to being at the top level with every team they sponsor and I'm sure they expect the same from JFR. So, I think JFR is spending their sponsorship money in the best place they can to get the best results for Monster. Speaking of Monster...there is going to be some good Supercross racing at Anaheim Stadium tonight "i can taste the burgers and brats from our tailgate party already". Later Guy.:)

Last edited:
I think if John wants what's best for Brittany, he would keep his mouth shut(and I think he will). Maybe the Coil deal humbled him a little.

IIRC, the only actual time that AJ failed to produce a win was when Gary Scelzi made the switch from Top Fuel to Funny car in 2002 before he left then Bruce Sarver stepped in, and that only produced 1 runner-up.

Back to the thread, this is possibly the worst kept secret in professional drag racing. My wish is that her first win comes at Gainseville. :)

Scelzi not getting a win under AJ was not a surprise since he is more of a TF Guy. Even the FC program under Alanabi was not that successful, so they switched to a second TF car.

I don't recall all the stats, but the Monster car was no slouch last year, in fact, if they didn't change a thing, I bet she would have gotten to the winner's circle this year. Still, this will be an interesting year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back