A NOTE FROM BOBBY BENNETT, COMPETITIONPLUS EDITOR (1 Viewer)

my question with these hackers is, what exactly is their end game ? Comp plus is not a billion dollar company to extort money from. there's no major rivalry's in dragracing web sites that would justify attempting to cripple the competition. Ordinarily, any criminal or antisocial behavior, has an agenda, that it deems ultimately rewarding. Other than someone just trying to be D*ck, i cant see the point!

my question with these hackers is, what exactly is their end game ? Comp plus is not a billion dollar company to extort money from. there's no major rivalry's in dragracing web sites that would justify attempting to cripple the competition. Ordinarily, any criminal or antisocial behavior, has an agenda, that it deems ultimately rewarding. Other than someone just trying to be D*ck, i cant see the point!
You answered your own question, James....teenage basement dwellers doing it for sport, and the occasional angry competitor doing it out of meanness. In Bennett's case I'd guess it's a group of young Chinese, since he mentioned the attack was Chinese, perhaps honing their IT 'skills' for when it comes time to actually extort a business or spy on an American company in order to steal trade secrets. That entire country would still be using horse and buggies if it weren't for ripping off western technology.

The capcha deal is no big deal at all. My business requires me to access restricted areas of the Texas DMV and they require capcha entry every time. Takes a few seconds and you're in. Biggest pain with their site access is they constantly require you to change your password.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back