CompetitionPlus (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
I had been out of drag racing for 10+ years before I got back into it this
year. I then discovered all of the online goodies that have come into being
since then and I have to say, CompetitionPlus is impressive.

Kudos to Bob Bennett and his staff.

Tom, you just made my day.

The stick shifted old school Modified cars I plan to see tonight, will be a distant second.

Yep, Competition Plus is THE place to go nowadays for drag racing news. Bobby and crew do a really nice job there.

I had been out of drag racing for 10+ years before I got back into it this
year. I then discovered all of the online goodies that have come into being
since then and I have to say, CompetitionPlus is impressive.

Kudos to Bob Bennett and his staff.
I was curious what caused you to leave drag racing for 10 years, and what brought you back? It is always good to see a new or an old fan get interested in drag racing.

Last edited:
I was curious what caused you to leave drag racing for 10 years, and what brought you back? It is always good to see a new or an old fan get interested in drag racing.

I got out of being racing fan because I got busy with my job and was also taking all of my vacation time doing family stuff. So I wasn't hitting the races.

This summer I found myself in a position with extra vacation time and thought "what can I do?" Then it struck me that I used to like drag racing, so why not pick that up again and makes plans based on that? So far I've hit Topeka and Englishtown and it looks like I am going to hit Maple Grove, too.

Its good to know that divisional races are held at KCIR. I get to the KCMO area twice a year. First, I can hit Topeka, second time I can hit KCIR.

I hauled my nephews with me to Topeka, and it was fun introducing them to racing, even if just as fans. I asked my nephew what he thought of being stuck in a nitro cloud and he responded "That was ridiculous!"

Last edited:
That is defiantly a good reason. I'm glad you didn't lose interest in drag racing. If you are ever at a race that we are at, you are welcome to stop by our pit and say hi.

Last edited:
Bobby, some time back, there was a discussion here about what racing sites we all visit.
I named three news sites I visit and had Comp+ in the third position.
You asked me what you could do to make Comp+ my first choice.
I said "I don't know."

Well, in that time, you put Comp+ plus in the #1 position. I really enjoy you getting the scoop on the latest, pertinent news as well as good interviews with various racing personalities.

Good job, mang. :cool:

Tom, you just made my day.

The stick shifted old school Modified cars I plan to see tonight, will be a distant second.

You deserve it, Bobby. Compplus has always been a good site, but it's amazing to me how much it's evolved in such a short amount of time. You've done a hell of a job, that's for sure.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back