A message for the street racers (1 Viewer)

im sure they will stop now cause justin (he says he did it?) said so. now now boys just say no! .i know its not right but werent these people standing in the middle of a public road at 4am watching an illegal street drag race when they were hit ? i havent heard of many good things happening after 2am on the roads anywhere especially at an illegal drag race ? cudos to the nhra for the public service announcment but adults have the choice to make better decesions than that...

Adults do have to make the right decisions and so does local government. Here in South Florida (Miami-Ft. Lauderdale), a new track opened up about a year ago on an old touch and go airstrip that Dade County closed. The track is on a month to month lease and I hope they allow the operations to continue or move to another location. For anyone South of where I live it's almost a 2 hour drive to the nearest track, not counting the new one.

I hope the NHRA gets back to it's non-profit roots and really starts to rally communities around opening strips in areas where there aren't any or where street racing is a big problem.

Anyone ever heard of racelegal.com? They are doing some good things in San Diego...

Adults do have to make the right decisions and so does local government. Here in South Florida (Miami-Ft. Lauderdale), a new track opened up about a year ago on an old touch and go airstrip that Dade County closed. The track is on a month to month lease and I hope they allow the operations to continue or move to another location. For anyone South of where I live it's almost a 2 hour drive to the nearest track, not counting the new one.

I hope the NHRA gets back to it's non-profit roots and really starts to rally communities around opening strips in areas where there aren't any or where street racing is a big problem.

Anyone ever heard of racelegal.com? They are doing some good things in San Diego...

ABSOLUTELY HEARD OF RaceLegal.com
Dr. Bender and his group have been working on this for a few years now, and it's a great place to start... I have used his NUMBERS in some of my presentations here in Colorado. It's great to see people back "HOME" are doing something about the growing problem of Illegal Street Racing! They've done great and just need a bit more Support from Law Enforcement!

Illegal street racing can be an assault on innocent people lives. When a drug dealer sells drugs to children he endangers their lives, if he is arrested he loses all his personal property House ,Autos, etc. I know this sounds harsh but maybe the local authorities should look into placing an ordinance that states if your convicted of illegal street racing you will loose you car, I think these kids would think twice before taking a chance of losing their prize possession.:eek:

I read about someplace where they seized the cars and part of the sentence was for the owner to watch as his car was run through a crusher. Seems a little extreme, but that's got to be a bit of a deterrent.

I read about someplace where they seized the cars and part of the sentence was for the owner to watch as his car was run through a crusher. Seems a little extreme, but that's got to be a bit of a deterrent.

Yes in L.A. area and I don't believe that county has a problem anymore.

These Kids...

1, are we going against pro street racers, or are we talking about the kid in his rice rocket that does it on the spur of the moment? are we talking stop light to stop light, road racing, or a big money match race where the cars are trailered in from out of town? or are we talking about 'taking in up through the gears getting on to an empty express way at 3 am'?

2. as long as hollyweird keeps glorifying street racing, we are fighting a un-winnable battle. see: Fast & Furious, Cannonball Run, Smokey and the Bandit, Gone in 60 Seconds. Vanishing Point. Two Lane Blacktop. American Graffiti. Any of those hit home? and let's not talk about the video games even I play which are based on street racing.

3. there is a simple way around this, stop selling cars that can exceed 75 mph, and outlaw any modifications to a street vehicle. is that what we want? I drove a Metro for 10 years, my mustang doesn't get me anywhere in town any quicker, and is more of a P.I.T.A. in rush hour traffic.

4. Is this a knee jerk reaction to the case in Maryland last month?

5. why did I street race as a kid with three tracks within 20 miles of home? Could it be before I could run, because I had headers, carb, and manifold on the car, I needed to buy a can, install hoops around the drive shaft. So I saved up money, bought the required parts for my "Super Stock" and the dang thing only ran 14.2 to 14.3's. Not bad for running H60's street tires, but still, a hundred bucks in early 72 was a lot of money for a seventeen year old kid to come up with making $2.30 an hour at a part time job after school pumping ethyl.

d'kid

At least NHRA and racers are heading in the right direction. I sent the link to my local television stations.

These Kids...

1, are we going against pro street racers, or are we talking about the kid in his rice rocket that does it on the spur of the moment? are we talking stop light to stop light, road racing, or a big money match race where the cars are trailered in from out of town? or are we talking about 'taking in up through the gears getting on to an empty express way at 3 am'?

2. as long as hollyweird keeps glorifying street racing, we are fighting a un-winnable battle. see: Fast & Furious, Cannonball Run, Smokey and the Bandit, Gone in 60 Seconds. Vanishing Point. Two Lane Blacktop. American Graffiti. Any of those hit home? and let's not talk about the video games even I play which are based on street racing.

3. there is a simple way around this, stop selling cars that can exceed 75 mph, and outlaw any modifications to a street vehicle. is that what we want? I drove a Metro for 10 years, my mustang doesn't get me anywhere in town any quicker, and is more of a P.I.T.A. in rush hour traffic.

4. Is this a knee jerk reaction to the case in Maryland last month?

5. why did I street race as a kid with three tracks within 20 miles of home? Could it be before I could run, because I had headers, carb, and manifold on the car, I needed to buy a can, install hoops around the drive shaft. So I saved up money, bought the required parts for my "Super Stock" and the dang thing only ran 14.2 to 14.3's. Not bad for running H60's street tires, but still, a hundred bucks in early 72 was a lot of money for a seventeen year old kid to come up with making $2.30 an hour at a part time job after school pumping ethyl.

d'kid

On target, Karl.. I find it very difficult to believe with all the late night on-duty forces (and the air support that most police departments have), these illegal gatherings haven't been swarmed upon by the local cops. Quite simply, there is less local tax income to be gained by giving someone a speeding ticket than there is setting up a DUI stop down the block from Alky Row- the patrols have their priorities.

If there is real interest in stopping the "illegals", the solution has to come from the local authorities in force. Words from the media and NHRA are a great direction, but the burden of prevention again falls upon the shoulders of the local police forces.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back