I got drudgereport.com to correct "drag racing" headline (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Drudgereport.com has a link today to a story about some idiots going 145 mph and crashing during a street race. He had this as his headline earlier:
Drag Racers Speed To 145 MPH Before Crashing Into Gas Station...
In his news tip box I sent him a quick note letting him know they were street racing, not drag racing. Just now I notice it's been changed to say Street Racers instead of Drag Racers. Nice to know that even one of the biggest news websites can be corrected with a quick note.

The news station has "drag racers" in the URL but the headline on the article says street racers. Somebody must have let them know too.
Drag Racers Clocked At 145 MPH Prior To Spectacular Crash Off Long Island ExpresswayCBS New York

Last edited:
I wish we could fix this:

Drag racer hits 8 cars in parking lot after race in Irwindale
Posted: 03/03/2011 02:24:28 AM PST

Police continued to investigate Tuesday what caused a drag racer to lose control of his car and slam into eight parked vehicles and two pedestrians at Toyota Speedway on Friday.

After racing his car Friday, Manuel Bravo was driving through the venue's parking lot when he struck eight parked cars, an 18-year-old man and a 44-year-old woman, according to Irwindale police.

Paramedics treated the man for his injuries. The woman may have sustained a broken leg and she was brought to the hospital, according to Irwindale police.

Police have not issued any citations or made an arrest in the crash.

To submit information for briefs, e-mail [email protected]

Read more: Drag racer hits 8 cars in parking lot after race in Irwindale - SGVTribune.com

Drudgereport.com has a link today to a story about some idiots going 145 mph and crashing during a street race. He had this as his headline earlier:

In his news tip box I sent him a quick note letting him know they were street racing, not drag racing. Just now I notice it's been changed to say Street Racers instead of Drag Racers. Nice to know that even one of the biggest news websites can be corrected with a quick note.

The news station has "drag racers" in the URL but the headline on the article says street racers. Somebody must have let them know too.
Drag Racers Clocked At 145 MPH Prior To Spectacular Crash Off Long Island ExpresswayCBS New York

Russ i feel you on that one, Brent good job. I'm a long island native and going back to live there. I heard about that and I love what you did. News12 and Newsday is so quick 2 call every street race a drag race. It's not the same as we all know. A street race is not a drag race as there is no safe environment at all.

This is also why the nhra has trouble growing but this can be tackled as shown by what you did.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back