A/Fuel Funny Cars (2 Viewers)

mike

Nitro Member
anyone's thoughts on adding A/Fuel Funny Cars to Alcohol class, a 100% injected nitro car on the starting line sounds amazing

The biggest advantage of running A/Fuel Funny Cars is that it might add competitors, or keep existing ones in the now struggling class. I had always heard that running A/Fuel is cheaper than blown alcohol in the TAD class, but didn't know why. At the recent Northwest Nationals in Seattle, there was a completed A/Fuel Funny Car on display for use next season. The guys were very personable and informative. They claimed that with blown alcohol, you need 3 blowers at $25,000 each, that you rotate in and out, making that combination more expensive. As well, Jackie Fricke told us that A/Fuel only revs to 6800 rpm, but blown alcohol revs to 10,000 rpm resulting in more parts attrition. Although I really like both combinations, they can't let the car counts drop any further.

The biggest advantage of running A/Fuel Funny Cars is that it might add competitors, or keep existing ones in the now struggling class. I had always heard that running A/Fuel is cheaper than blown alcohol in the TAD class, but didn't know why. At the recent Northwest Nationals in Seattle, there was a completed A/Fuel Funny Car on display for use next season. The guys were very personable and informative. They claimed that with blown alcohol, you need 3 blowers at $25,000 each, that you rotate in and out, making that combination more expensive. As well, Jackie Fricke told us that A/Fuel only revs to 6800 rpm, but blown alcohol revs to 10,000 rpm resulting in more parts attrition. Although I really like both combinations, they can't let the car counts drop any further.
Yes they are less expensive because of rpm and parts failures

........and did anyone catch the part about "no spoilers allowed on Nitromethane cars"?
Seriously? They don't want them to load the engines.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back