A Few Questions for Tom C. (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
I was doing my annual pilgrimage to Mecca today and as I walked around the pits taking everything in, I framed a couple of questions I would like one of you to ask Tom C. during the question and answer segment of his State of NHRA speech Monday at the Boneventure(sp).

1) NHRA pro racing is going to lose at least three salaried racers for next season and they more than likely will be replaced with people who bring GOBS of money. If I am not mistaken, isn't each pro class down to about 2-4 drivers/riders who earn their living as professional race car drivers? What is NHRA going to do to improve purses and lower operating costs for the touring professionals?

2)Is it in NHRA's best interest for a corporate entity to have a financial interest in nearly a dozen of your pro teams.

3) Is NHRA working on a business model to insure paid driving spots for the HUGE wave of very talented junior dragster drivers about to start their senior careers?

Oh, tell Tom I loved my tram ride from BF Egypt and my $10 parking spot.

Mark Watkins
Untitled Document

Do you guys want some 'whine' w/ your cheese? I am currently @ the track and it is the same venue/crowd as when I started coming here in 1985...crowded..no big deal...Tom C is not to blame for anything...You guys need to get a clue as there is more involvement in drag racing today than this time last year...
And frankly, who cares about the 'hired' drivers?? cause if they spent their money wisely they would'nt be in that position to be released...Ever heard of a owner being released?
Oh and Mark...step up w/ some credentials and you would not have the long tram ride....but I guess you are the average fan so suck it up and relax....

Last edited:
Gee Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wow NEW FC Chassis ...... Force NEW FORD MOTOR ....... Better TIRES ........ HIGHER cost Fuel ....... Oh add in TONS more blown up motors due to REV LIMITERS ...... Thrown in a dash of oh say all you Racers, we are ADDING another race so you are LESS likely to RUN IHRA so it Cost you more MONEY... LMFAO....

I am not sure what your thought process is on lowering cost is.. Unless your math schooling was a TAD off.. I would try and think before typing. LOL

Oh and if YOU want to save Money and HATE TOM we all better NOT see you weaing ANY Pomona Tee Shirts of Hats you paid Tom for at the Nitro mall. Or drink his beer or food at the track.. After all Tom is getting a cut of it ALL.

While your asking Tom how to cut cost.. throw in hey dude look man if you make them use Crate Motors it would be like so cool I could run with JFR and beat him.. LOL

Drivers or owners do this because they LIKE IT. Remember when Kenny B. Owned a Drag Team, a INDY car Team, and a NASCAR team all in the same Year.. WOW he must have been REALLY hurting for cash to make all that happen.

If your a Good drive or YOU have Backing ALA Beckman you will get a ride. If not then you will be watching TV like tons of others do and hate it because your 8000 hp hot wheels toy found a new shoe.

I think you get the drift.

Have fun and relax and enjoy what you see today.. who knows if it all be the same next year or whenever.

The rich get richer, & good common sense stops at the Texas line coming East:D Fuzzy & Elvis have fallen in the creek trying to save the barrels of Nitro-Shine their cups runneth empty:eek:

On the Sidlines in Bama!

Kinda looking like Tom C. will have lots of you lining up to wash his car....

Say what you want, but I got a whiff of the smell of death walking around the nitro pits yesterday(between nitro treatments). Prosperity definately was not in the air.

Maybe some of you would like to see drag racing follow Monster Truck's business model?

Mark Watkins

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back