A demoralizing situation (1 Viewer)

I can understand the frustration of the Suzuki and Buell racers(it' kinda like the A/FD vs. B/AD and blown PM vs. nitrous PM arguments)...however...
when I checked in my garage this morning, my Harley VRod has a 60* DOHC 4 valve engine. Now if the NHRA really wants the "stock" in Pro Stock Motorcycle, not only should they have the 4 valve heads...and let them take out the pushrods and run the overhead cams!

Last edited:
I decided not to renew my membership after the rigged championship. With this new rule, the decision not to bother attending a national event is an easy one.

What I don't understand is: How could the NHRA possibly believe theirs was a good decision?

>>>> RE: "Now if the NHRA really wants the "stock" in Pro Stock Motorcycle, not only should they have the 4 valve heads...and let them take out the pushrods and run the overhead cams!"

Good idea! And, while they're at it, make them pull the same pounds per cubic inch that the Jap bikes pull... and see how many races they win.
Ever see a 960 pound hog try to run???? LOL!

Go, hardly...

Last edited:
I was just at my local Harley dealer. I asked the salesman to see one of those new V-rods with the 4 valves per cylinder? He said Harley doesn't make such a thing. So I walked across the street to the Chevy dealer. Told the salesman I wanted to test drive a new Cobalt with the 500 cu in. V8 and RWD. He said Chevy doesn't make such a thing. Moral of the story? How about making PRO STOCK close to what is sold to the public.

You are SO right. Some how they have got light years away from "STOCK"
Call them what they are.....Altereds

>>>> RE: "Now if the NHRA really wants the "stock" in Pro Stock Motorcycle, not only should they have the 4 valve heads...and let them take out the pushrods and run the overhead cams!"

Good idea! And, while they're at it, make them pull the same pounds per cubic inch that the Jap bikes pull... and see how many races they win.
Ever see a 960 pound hog try to run???? LOL!

Go, hardly...
Can I get an Amen?;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back