Bodie coming back (1 Viewer)

"Paul Smith will pilot Terry Haddock's Top Fuel dragster at this weekend's event and possible beyind pending ongoing sponsorship talks."

Hope the sponsor doesn't see that. Or he/she may be "possible beyind" and off to the next deal.

It should make the show. He has been running some low 3.9 passes recently. Maybe even a 3.90 in Atlanta if I remember right.

Great news,,hell of a good driver and a great guy on top of it all. Best of luck Bodie! :cool:

Rapid

"Paul Smith will pilot Terry Haddock's Top Fuel dragster at this weekend's event and possible beyind pending ongoing sponsorship talks."

Hope the sponsor doesn't see that. Or he/she may be "possible beyind" and off to the next deal.

Its not Paul Smith , its John smith who will be driving Terry`s car.

Saferbrakelight.com has come on board to give some financial support to John and Terry.

After a couple of near miss rear end collisions by inattentive drivers, I contacted the originator of the flashing 3rd brake light system and bought several units for our family vehicles. I became a supplier of plastic enclosures for their circuit boards and then became a dealer of their product. We have been selling the units locally through fund raisers for churches, car clubs, volunteer fire departments and school PTAs. With John joining Terry, we decided to do the same type program for on line sales where a generous portion of the gross sales goes to the team.

If you would like to show your support for the team while providing some extra protection against rear end collisions for yourself, the product information and purchases are available at Safer Brake Light, Rear-End Collision Avoidance Device.

We can help you with fund raisers in your area along with dealer options, and they will all still make contributions towards the team.

John arrived yesterday morning at the track and found out the crew for two cars consisted of Terry, John and two volunteers. Paul Smith, Mike Hennessy, Rhonda and Megan all arrived this morning. If you are at the race and want to experience working on a nitro team, don't be shy, stop by their pit and volunteer, I am sure they can use some additional help.

John arrived yesterday morning at the track and found out the crew for two cars consisted of Terry, John and two volunteers. Paul Smith, Mike Hennessy, Rhonda and Megan all arrived this morning. If you are at the race and want to experience working on a nitro team, don't be shy, stop by their pit and volunteer, I am sure they can use some additional help.

If i was there i would!!!

Last edited:
Not a bad day for the group. John qualified 13th on one run, Terry got the funny car qualified, and Todd Simpson, who John and Paul are helping qualified 14th on two runs.

Last edited:
Saferbrakelight.com has come on board to give some financial support to John and Terry.

After a couple of near miss rear end collisions by inattentive drivers, I contacted the originator of the flashing 3rd brake light system and bought several units for our family vehicles. I became a supplier of plastic enclosures for their circuit boards and then became a dealer of their product. We have been selling the units locally through fund raisers for churches, car clubs, volunteer fire departments and school PTAs. With John joining Terry, we decided to do the same type program for on line sales where a generous portion of the gross sales goes to the team.

If you would like to show your support for the team while providing some extra protection against rear end collisions for yourself, the product information and purchases are available at Safer Brake Light, Rear-End Collision Avoidance Device.

We can help you with fund raisers in your area along with dealer options, and they will all still make contributions towards the team.

This afternoon, I drove behind a car that had this type of system on it's 3rd brakelight. I have never before seen it in action.

It was on Garey ave underneath the 10 fwy overcrossing by Pomona raceway.
It was dark under there and the car's brake lights were dim (older dodge convertible).
Combine that with a person's eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight, and it can be easy to not see a car ahead.
I saw the 3rd brake light cycling bright and clear.

I gotta say, it was very effective at getting my attention! Very good product and idea!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back