60th U.S. Nationals (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Should be awesome. I've been watching the entry lists, 25 for PS which is strong relatively speaking, 22 in TF but only 16 in FC. I hope more than that show up, kind of makes 5 shots to qualify no big deal with just 16 cars. With all the part-time cars that pop up through the season, I can't believe more FC guys wouldn't try Indy, especially with 16 cars entered. Indy has been a place where the unexpected happens, I hope a few more independents decide to show. How about Pro Mod at 100% quota with 34 entries?! That will be a show.

I checked and saw that DSR is having an open house Friday the 29th, I can't get Force's site to open, any idea if JFR or anyone else is having an open house Indy weekend?

Force Normally has his on Thurs night

Also, on Sunday, for the first time in years there will be a memorabilia show, I believe Mike Goyda is putting it on.

So pretty good car counts across the board. Comp has hit 100% of their quota for the first time in years. Only bummer is 17 FC entries. I know how brutally expensive these cars have gotten to run, but 5 rounds of qualifying for 17 cars really won't have the drama of years past. But overall I think this is going to be a great Indy.

Yes they were Joe. A couple different years there me and my dad found some shots of his A/A. It's treasure hunting, and a lot of fun.

just to put the nationals in perspective from a sportsmen point of view; today stock Q1 a -0.72 gets you 128th and final qualifying
spot.....at brainerd after Q4 the same time put you 29th in the field. today at indy Q1 29th spot ran -0.95.
crazy fast cars there.....best in the country.

after 3 rounds of stock an '86 chev pickup running V/S runs 13.03 @ -2.217 under
his index for #1 spot......and the next 20+ qualifiers are driving $100k F/SA's or similar.
would be great to be there today for class elims.....the #1 '86 pickup runs 2 others in class elims
stick combo.....an '89 mustang in p/s (12.48) and a '76 pinto wagon running w/s (15.62)
stock is the coolest class bar none :cool:

Last edited:
take a look at the amount of late model cars running@ indy and competing HEADS UP in class elims today.
i am very serious when i say IMO nhra is missing the boat by not featuring at least the FS/A showdown/class elims during their
sat/sun/mon programs. i understand the hemi shootout, but come on, these are purpose built very fast 8 second drag
cars that LOOK LIKE THE CARS YOU BUY ON MONDAY.......i completely understand ford leaving JFR but
continuing to support these sportsmen classes.....nhra would be wise to feature these cars waaaaay more than they do;
would have to believe they either already have or will get more pressure to do so......the younger demographic relates.
and i do to....they are amazing to watch.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back