5.097 T/AD !!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Yes, 2.91 is the quickest I have seen, but 2.98 seconds is common. 299+ mph has also happened, not regularly but it has happened.

Alan

way to go megan , what a world class pass .. with good cool conditions at the motorplex, maybe a speed record also (and quicker ?).... just think , rachal gets the car n 2021 ..
They already have speed record 285 and some change

good question . however, bill reichert's ntl record is so old , i would be surprised if there is a rule change ...
LET'S hope not .
Randy set it with Gary Ormsby jr at HPT at 5.13 then Riechert 5.10 at Houston when they were running 98%

Hasn't someone run 287 A/FD? This year I think & I'm spacing on who did it.

Also, Alan, I'm a big 300 in the 1/8 mile fan. But I think it's been done a couple of times cuz of the way the lights are set up. The MPH trap starts before the finish line & ends at the finish. So the speed you get is not how fast the car actually went as it crossed the finish line. Yeah, I know I'm being nit picky, but I've always hated the way the lights are now. I think NHRA did it originally so racers wouldn't "drive it out the back door". Well.....

Cliff,

Nobody has a time slip that says 300 mph at the eighth. And even if it went back to the longer speed trap you would have to assume that the acceleration remained constant over the distance so you know the exact speed in the middle. That still leaves room for nit picking. The 66' speed trap is the accepted standard worldwide.

285.83 is the fastest speed in an A/FD as recorded by the current 66' speed trap.

Alan

Harry, I remember Back Door Bob! He usta drive that thing like 1400' more or less. HA Wasn't his last name Stuckness? (Bet I spelled that wrong) Struksnes

Last edited:
Yes, 2.91 is the quickest I have seen, but 2.98 seconds is common. 299+ mph has also happened, not regularly but it has happened.

Alan

I never knew they ever hit 2.91, I think I remember B. Force going 2.94, but wow. I believe she holds the current record of 299 and change. I believe FC is still about 15 mph away with I think Wilk hitting 284..

Alan

Incorrect. You have seen quicker. Clay Millican at Pomona 2018 went 2.897. Brittany went 2.902 last year in Reading. ;)

F/C is still the fastest at 339, which really irritates me, cuz T/F is KING! Please, somebody in T/F go 340 and then it will all be over & no one will ever try to run 350......

Randy set it with Gary Ormsby jr at HPT at 5.13 then Riechert 5.10 at Houston when they were running 98%
I still remember that day. It was really cold and rainy. His run was almost a tenth quicker than the current record at the time. I think he was also a couple of tenths better than #2 qualifier. Epic run for that time.

That's OK Alan. You should have seen me this morning, trying to find the switch to turn on the coffee pot and stepping on the tail of the cat that was in the way (2X) and that woke up you know who cuz she heard me saying unkind things to the cat and then........

I remember seeing Chess Bushey busting his $## at the Winternationals years ago trying to make an injected nitro combination work. Now look where we are. The draglist.com injected nitro list is an amazing historical document that shows nearly everyone that tried to make injected nitro work.

It makes you wonder the clutch secrets because DSR can and has done 290 a few times, but looking at the data, and I know the rules changed since '17 Brainerd, but JFR always seems to be 4-5 MPH faster than anyone at 660. 5 vs 6 vs the weights.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back