4-Lanes of Nitro (4 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

thats a really awesome idea!!

.....but will it count as a test day?! :p:D

it'd be interesting, hopefully they'll show it on the tv coverage or at least post video of it.

Some vision from nhra??? Congrats Tom C. it's about time someone uped the anti a little. You've got the facility, so I'm glad to see it being used to it's potential. :cool::cool:

What's that going to SOUND like???

Wish I was could be there. Talk about thunder sucking the oxygen out of your lungs. And the burnouts have to rock as well.

That's going to be really awesome, the race will be right before the final rounds on Sunday, so no doubt it will be televised. I hope that they use the 100 MPH camera that was used on the Pinks episode from Z Max.:D

Wouldn't that be considered testing? :rolleyes:

Probly, but who cares?? NITRO 4 wide should be awesum.
Besides the cars being offered first are the 8 first RD loosers. What better way to get more PR for yer sponsor, you know nhra will hype the heck out of this.

Just guessing here....but on the chance they don't get 4 takers, they'll probly open it up to the non-qualifyiers.

I'm sure they will have NO trouble getting 4 of each to take part in such a huge event. ;)

Well, they found a way to keep me from getting a jump on the traffic and leaving after the semi's. I can't miss this!

wish they would have announced this sooner I may have cut Indy shorter and snuck in zmax into the budget,

Would love to see the rails run all out 4 across then watch a 4 way pedal fest in the floppers

Not sure about doing this full time or as an elim but it will make one helluva exhibition

Probly, but who cares?? NITRO 4 wide should be awesum.
Besides the cars being offered first are the 8 first RD loosers. What better way to get more PR for yer sponsor, you know nhra will hype the heck out of this.

Just guessing here....but on the chance they don't get 4 takers, they'll probly open it up to the non-qualifyiers.

I'm sure they will have NO trouble getting 4 of each to take part in such a huge event. ;)

I wonder what the purse is. If it is big enough this race may steal the show.

Just thinkin out loud here but, why not as an elim?? They talk about the high cost of TV time, this would cut it in half.

Or lookin at it another way, keep the same air time, but double the field size.

Look at it from the casual fan. For yeares he has seen his ticket price go up. He's now paying triple what he used to, BUT, he's still seeing the same 16 car show race on Sun. Yes you & I know they are going much quicker & faster, but he (the casual) still only sees the same amount of cars. Just sayin.

I think nhra has a REAL opportunity here to "slam dunk" their competition.

As for your 4 car FC peddle fest.........Hollywood could not have a better Idea. :rolleyes:

Just thinkin out loud here but, why not as an elim?? They talk about the high cost of TV time, this would cut it in half.

Or lookin at it another way, keep the same air time, but double the field size.

I can think of a few reasons right off the top of my head...

1. Staging. Look how often drivers get mad at the "games" being played at the starting line during staging. Add two more cars and that potential increases a lot. Assuming both sets of lanes are set to go green at the same time, that means four cars have to go in. Imagine the two in the right set of lanes go in right away, but one or both of the cars in the left set of lanes take their time - what does that do to the concentration of the drivers who went in right away? Tons of potential problems with this idea for eliminations.

1A. If they're not set to go green at the same time, then you'll have cars racing into the beams to make sure their lanes leave first so as to not be distracted by the other two cars standing on the loud pedal while they're staging.

2. Double the size of the field? Have you seen the car counts this year?

Whereas I agree that it's a decent idea in philosophy, I think it would fail miserably in practice. But then again, who knows for sure until we see it.

Should be a lot of fun to watch!

What's that going to SOUND like???

Wish I was could be there. Talk about thunder sucking the oxygen out of your lungs. And the burnouts have to rock as well.

Not to mention if they all get down the track together! You think those neighbors had a problem with Noise before???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back