2025 Schedule (1 Viewer)

maybe this is a crazy question but all the other type of racing F1, Nascar, INDY Car, have the capability to construct temporary race courses. Is this even feasible for a drag Strip. I know the street outlaw show does this but they don't need a half of mile of straightaway and do not need to accommodate 25000 spectators. A temporary 2 mile road course can be built in the middle of a city so could a 1/4 mile drag strip be any harder ? just askin'?

maybe this is a crazy question but all the other type of racing F1, Nascar, INDY Car, have the capability to construct temporary race courses. Is this even feasible for a drag Strip. I know the street outlaw show does this but they don't need a half of mile of straightaway and do not need to accommodate 25000 spectators. A temporary 2 mile road course can be built in the middle of a city so could a 1/4 mile drag strip be any harder ? just askin'?
Being "just a guy/fan". My first thought is sure, probably physically it could be done. But from what I can gather from past posts here in this forum. NHRA wouldn't have the money for that.

180MPH for the other leagues compare to over 300 on a city street could also be problematic from a safety standpoint.

But again. I'm just a fan. What do i know.

It seems like no one has watched the video that John Bandimere put out last year. Pretty much everything was laid out in that video. He was looking for land near the airport. The new track would most likely be a partnership with other investors. The track probably would not carry the Bandimere name. It would be multi use, with a road course, MX course, kart track, etc. so that it could be used more than the current track. At the time, 2025 was the projected soft opening date, but the finalization of the sale of the current track, locating and purchasing the new tract of land, permitting, and building would all play a part in an actual opening, if a track is indeed built.

No PEP BOYS sponsor for the Reading event, Does that mean that they will not sponsor the CALLOUTS after this year also? And if not do they go away til a sponsor is found.

PPIR still gets used, we run drift events there. Lots of track rental events like Porsche Club, etc. No major events though, so I imagine it is tough to make a buck for a speedway this way.

Near Denver International Airport had been mentioned by John several times.
Didn’t want to turn this into a Bandimere speculation thread….. but, Hudson makes some sense actually. A track can’t have its primary access to be located off of E470 - a toll road. But out there it’s I-76, but still fairly good access from the DEN airport. There’s a straight shot ito Weld County Greeley area to the north, and to the east it’s Brighton area into Commerce City. It’s a bit of a jaunt to get to the main private airports from Hudson, but there are very small airports closer such as Greeley and others. Not a lot of close hotels out there but there are some. Kind of reminds me of Heartland Park Topeka to be honest. That’s major oil & gas territory, and a lot of farming as a well. There’s one of the country’s biggest feedlots for beef behemoth JBS not too far to the north in Kersey as well. So some of this is quite sensible in my opinion. We’ll see…………

Didn’t want to turn this into a Bandimere speculation thread….. but, Hudson makes some sense actually. A track can’t have its primary access to be located off of E470 - a toll road. But out there it’s I-76, but still fairly good access from the DEN airport. There’s a straight shot ito Weld County Greeley area to the north, and to the east it’s Brighton area into Commerce City. It’s a bit of a jaunt to get to the main private airports from Hudson, but there are very small airports closer such as Greeley and others. Not a lot of close hotels out there but there are some. Kind of reminds me of Heartland Park Topeka to be honest. That’s major oil & gas territory, and a lot of farming as a well. There’s one of the country’s biggest feedlots for beef behemoth JBS not too far to the north in Kersey as well. So some of this is quite sensible in my opinion. We’ll see…………
Hoping we hear something really soon. 😉

there is reported to be a major multi golf course development happening in this area as well, rodeo dunes (same company that did bandon dunes in OR).
reported to be in roggen, co area, which is just up the road from hudson........golfers there will have the same travel, restaurant, and lodging needs.
could be quite the area in a few years. guess we'll wait and see.

Attachments

• IMG_6093.jpeg
    IMG_6093.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6092.jpeg
    IMG_6092.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6091.jpeg
    IMG_6091.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 126
Glad to see all races going back to four qualifying sessions, does give the Friday fan more bang for their buck and may make it more worth while to take the extra day off of work.

I am also happy to see Phoenix moved up a few weeks, we were very fortunate with great weather the first week of April this year but even in April having mid 90s-100s is very possible. Moving it back a few weeks should give a higher chance of good weather. Although the downside to a late March date is that is right at the end of spring training so anyone traveling to Phoenix will pay a premium for hotels.

I know that no problem raceway in Belle Rose, Louisiana is really vying for the spring nationals spot. That track promoter (Nelson Hoyos) is one of a kind, and if anyone can get it done, he can. Probably not by next year, but he really wants it bad.

We might be back to 24 events by 2026 or 2027, barring any other horrible circumstances that might happen with the economy, etc.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back