2025 Schedule (1 Viewer)

.02 guess is they are waiting for flying H to complete their infrastructure and paving, plus possible changes
brought to light following their recent double divisional ......... at some point, with all the scheduled improvements,
it just seems logical for IRP to host two national events?

My first thought too was no Flying H on the schedule.

"currently includes 20 races" -- Could equally be interpreted as a potential for a race listed to be cancelled. Sure hope not, and hope that Flying H does get added later, for all those folks who live near there and could attend. Also glad to see Richmond back on there for all those folks as well as Chi-town.

Well, hopefully in ‘26 there will be a brand new track in Colorado ready to host.
Are you just hoping or is there talk of a new track to replace Bandimere? I was just thinking recently how not much has been mentioned about the Bandimeres.

Are you just hoping or is there talk of a new track to replace Bandimere? I was just thinking recently how not much has been mentioned about the Bandimeres.

The Bandimeres have stated they are actively looking for land for a new track prior to selling. Word has been it will be on flat ground next to the airport.

Mike, that sounds like the old San Fernando Drags, which was next to an airport. And yes, a plane did land on the track.....

The Bandimeres have stated they are actively looking for land for a new track prior to selling. Word has been it will be on flat ground next to the airport.
It’s not too hard to find land out there; and it’s still at high altitude as well. I think the real issue is - Denver - (and I hate to say this because I live here) is not a racing town. It never will be. No taxpayer or municipal or political support whatsoever. Even in light of the NHL, NBA and MLB and college teams- Denver is a football town. Then after that it’s a ski and hiking town. PPIR NASCAR track - gone. Bandimere NHRA - gone. Denver Grand Prix - gone. They don’t want motorsports here other than Monster Jam and the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. They want to host a Super Bowl or a Winter Olympics. That’s the dream here. They like to build strip malls and expensive apartments and the National Western Stock Show.
That’s my rant. My only point being, if a drag race track suitable to host an NHRA event is going to be created here….. it’s not going to be with any city or taxpayer help. Now if they can collaborate with maybe a NASCAR or F1 group for a multi purpose thing…. maybe… maybe; but it will still need primarily private funding. Again I hate to say all this - because there’s great tradition here and also a lot of fantastic people and companies and organizations within in the racing community here….. but this is not the place for a race fan. That’s for sure. It sucks.

I have talked to several Bandimere family members this year. Sporty in April and Tami was on our flight back from Chicago. A lot more goes into just buying land and digging a racetrack. I think the first hurdle was actually getting the track sold in Morrison. Can’t buy née property unless the deal is done on the old. They are a racing family so it’s not like they are billionaires with extra cash flow. Once they get a parcel of land that will work they still need spill samples done etc. to confirm they can do what they want to do with the land. In April, Sporty was at least not ruling out a return of Bandimere on the 2025 Mission schedule. He said all they need is a track to race on with paved pits. They could bring in stands and portable tower if needed. I thought that was a big long shot but it at least told me they are trying to get something done. Tammi paints more of a wait and see picture. I’m going to stop up at the track on Thursday and see what they have on sale. They are clearing out all of their leftover merchandise and banners. If I see either one of them I can hopefully get an update. Hudson, Colorado is most likely the future location if it does happen. Lots of land, close to the airport and the other infrastructure needed to have a successful national event. Can’t build it too far away from all the hotels and restaurants.

It’s not too hard to find land out there; and it’s still at high altitude as well. I think the real issue is - Denver - (and I hate to say this because I live here) is not a racing town. It never will be. No taxpayer or municipal or political support whatsoever. Even in light of the NHL, NBA and MLB and college teams- Denver is a football town. Then after that it’s a ski and hiking town. PPIR NASCAR track - gone. Bandimere NHRA - gone. Denver Grand Prix - gone. They don’t want motorsports here other than Monster Jam and the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. They want to host a Super Bowl or a Winter Olympics. That’s the dream here. They like to build strip malls and expensive apartments and the National Western Stock Show.
That’s my rant. My only point being, if a drag race track suitable to host an NHRA event is going to be created here….. it’s not going to be with any city or taxpayer help. Now if they can collaborate with maybe a NASCAR or F1 group for a multi purpose thing…. maybe… maybe; but it will still need primarily private funding. Again I hate to say all this - because there’s great tradition here and also a lot of fantastic people and companies and organizations within in the racing community here….. but this is not the place for a race fan. That’s for sure. It sucks.
I don’t think any race track is getting public money anywhere. I could be wrong but I doubt it. Bandimere packed the place on any firework show and the mile high nationals. The fans showed up all three days year after year. We only got one Denver Grand Prix which was an Indy car race downtown. I don’t remember the details on how it did financially. They never ran the big nascar show at PPIR. Running the lower series is not going to draw a crowd. I’ll compare it to a NHRA regional vs. National event. Yes, Indy car did hold a big event or two there but that was during the Cart-IRL split. I think that hurt the series that never recovered.

.........Hudson, Colorado is most likely the future location if it does happen. Lots of land, close to the airport and the other infrastructure needed to have a successful national event. Can’t build it too far away from all the hotels and restaurants.

Hudson is way, way too close to the exploding suburban sprawl of Denver. By the time they get the new track built, it will be surrounded by 500,000 crappy new housing tracts, who will of course demand the track be closed. It's going to have to be way out east of Denver if it has any chance of surviving for more than 5 or 10 years.

I have talked to several Bandimere family members this year. Sporty in April and Tami was on our flight back from Chicago. A lot more goes into just buying land and digging a racetrack. I think the first hurdle was actually getting the track sold in Morrison. Can’t buy née property unless the deal is done on the old. They are a racing family so it’s not like they are billionaires with extra cash flow. Once they get a parcel of land that will work they still need spill samples done etc. to confirm they can do what they want to do with the land. In April, Sporty was at least not ruling out a return of Bandimere on the 2025 Mission schedule. He said all they need is a track to race on with paved pits. They could bring in stands and portable tower if needed. I thought that was a big long shot but it at least told me they are trying to get something done. Tammi paints more of a wait and see picture. I’m going to stop up at the track on Thursday and see what they have on sale. They are clearing out all of their leftover merchandise and banners. If I see either one of them I can hopefully get an update. Hudson, Colorado is most likely the future location if it does happen. Lots of land, close to the airport and the other infrastructure needed to have a successful national event. Can’t build it too far away from all the hotels and restaurants.
Let’s hope it comes through. I know they would like it to, and we would too, but I am skeptical. Hope I’m wrong.

Hudson, Colorado is most likely the future location if it does happen. Lots of land, close to the airport and the other infrastructure needed to have a successful national event. Can’t build it too far away from all the hotels and restaurants.

Near Denver International Airport had been mentioned by John several times.

Near Denver International Airport had been mentioned by John several times.

There's no way a track will be built anywhere near the airport, either. Anyone who has flown into DEN recently can see that the suburban sprawl is infesting the area around the airport already. They need to be at least 30 to 40 miles out east to have any kind of a buffer zone against the very rapid development of that region.

If it is at all feasible to get land near the airport; I think it would be a great idea! At least that way, the Dumb-A$$es with no common sense that build houses there; Can’t B!tch about noise from the strip. I’m sure they still would, but they would have another reason to fall back on with the “Noise Complaint”! Just my .02 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back