2023 Schedule (1 Viewer)

IMO having one of the 'money' call-out races at season opening race is a great thing. whether gainesville or pomona

2023 LODRS divisional schedule just came out. for the first time that i can remember, and at least in the last 35 years, brainerd is not hosting a divisional.
tri-state raceway in iowa to host two........kind of surprising.

Wild Horse has 2 Div 7 races. Feb 23-24 will be Divisional and Feb 25-26 will be Regional. ALKY CARS!!! Hate that it will be the last one at Wild Horse.

2023 LODRS divisional schedule just came out. for the first time that i can remember, and at least in the last 35 years, brainerd is not hosting a divisional.
tri-state raceway in iowa to host two........kind of surprising.
No inside knowledge here but I would think if Brainerd wanted a race they would have one. Odd for sure. They have had a division race for as long as I can remember.

Wild Horse has 2 Div 7 races. Feb 23-24 will be Divisional and Feb 25-26 will be Regional. ALKY CARS!!! Hate that it will be the last one at Wild Horse.
Just so you know they usually have a test session Thursday night, two qualifiers on Friday, One qualifying session Saturday afternoon with round 1 Saturday evening and the final two rounds Sunday

Div 7 has 2 "TBD" slots on the calender. I thought Tucson would be the track, but guess we gotta wait.

No inside knowledge here but I would think if Brainerd wanted a race they would have one. Odd for sure. They have had a division race for as long as I can remember.
has to be a money deal.......which is sad. BIR always has great car counts for it's divisionals, which should equate to a nice pile of money to host the event
and pay everyone. apparently it's not enough......what else could it be?.......nhra gave tri-state raceway in iowa 2 events next year, one a double/regional, and the other
earliest race is scheduled rite on top of div. race at norwalk.......really?

and the other earliest race is scheduled rite on top of div. race at norwalk.......really?
That one makes no sense to me. I could understand scheduling Norwalk on top of Denver or SRCA because there's little to no overlap there, but two races the same weekend that draw big from Illinois/Wisconsin/Indiana?

there are MANY other non-nhra events that cater to nhra class cars. big difference is purse and not limiting entries.

Was there any Official (NHRA) reason for the debut to be Gainsville this year vs Pomona? Just curious?

Was there any Official (NHRA) reason for the debut to be Gainsville this year vs Pomona? Just curious?
Less travel for teams. Makes a whole lot more sense to go to Gainesville, then hit the three west coast races all in a row then come back east to Charlotte and on with the season, compared to starting out west, coming east to Gainesville, going back west to Vegas, back east to Houston, etc.

Less travel for teams. Makes a whole lot more sense to go to Gainesville, then hit the three west coast races all in a row then come back east to Charlotte and on with the season, compared to starting out west, coming east to Gainesville, going back west to Vegas, back east to Houston, etc.
Although I believe that to be a very good reason...I was just wondering what the NHRA's (published) reason was/is, It may be the same?

I just stumbled upon the Arizona Nationals schedule, looks like only one qualifying session on Friday again this year so I am guessing it is still up to tracks on whether to have one or two Friday sessions?

I was also hoping since it was later this year that it would be warm enough to run a full on night session. They did upgrade the lighting a few years ago.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back