June 13-14 Tulsa Raceway Park Tulsa, OK*

July 3-5 Castrol Raceway Edmonton, AB

July 17-19 Grand Bend Motorplex Grand Bend, ON

July 31-Aug. 2 US 131 Motorsports Park Martin, MI

Sept. 11-13 New England Dragway Epping, NH

Sept. 25-26 Maryland International Raceway Budds Creek, MD*

Oct. 22-25 Rockingham Dragway Rockingham, NC

* Denotes 2 day event

Hey wait a minute where did Milan go?????

well that sucks its just down the road from me.

If the new track in Dallas is completed on time sportsman racers in the south central region will have a bunch of opportunities to take advantage of the new IHRA sportsman championship scenario. Baton Rouge, Dallas, and Tulsa national events plus a sportsman national in Rusk, TX...that's 4 chances to qualify for the World Finals. Add that to the regular points program within the division.

I still have Martin for the I side and Norwalk, Indy and Chicago are ech only a few hour drive on the N.

It was just nice having one that close.

Yep.. two are conflicting JEGS Pro MOD dates also... but you realy scared me .. i had to check.... they just missed the two ARCA races at the ROCK oval....lol...

Billy

Wes must know something that I can't find online. I've heard that Molly closed Red River/Shreveport in favor of Cherokee/Rusk, and obviously its been noted that neither are on the NHRA divisional schedule (with Houston getting a second NHRA divisional, over the rather obvious replacement of Rusk for Red River on their rather freshly issued schedule).

With Rusk and Lufkin/Diboll less than an hour apart, I wonder if the Bailey's are going to shutter Pine Valley for the time being? I heard one of them indicate that Molly had inquired about their IHRA affiliation.

If it's Cherokee over Pine Valley, I sure hope they do something to smooth out the whoops at about 650' and 730' . . . if the chutes fall out of more than a couple of fast cars then the bumps are a little too big!

Other reactions:

What happened to kill San Antonio?

Hope State Capital puts a real good road base down and pours a lot of asphalt for parking . . . their date occurs at a time of year when sun is not necessarily going to bake the ground dry in a couple of days . . . love that track and their management, we make the 300 mile drive there a few times a year for their bi-weekly or so Quick 16 field, half of the field is 6 second dragsters and the track holds the car all night long.

Live Nation (owned by Clear Channel Communications) is based in San Antonio and they wanted an event in their home town, since they no longer own the IHRA there's no reason to have an event there, plus the old guy that lives at the end of the track doesn't care to much for race cars that go off the end of track to "trespass on his property" that's the reason the nationals in San Antonio was reduced to 1/8th mile.

I see there are a few 2-day events on the schedule. Does anyone know the format for a 2-day event?

Kenneth don't forget about the OFAA for your nitro smelling fun. We'll have 5-6 races in Texas next year.

Live Nation (owned by Clear Channel Communications) is based in San Antonio and they wanted an event in their home town, since they no longer own the IHRA there's no reason to have an event there, plus the old guy that lives at the end of the track doesn't care to much for race cars that go off the end of track to "trespass on his property" that's the reason the nationals in San Antonio was reduced to 1/8th mile.

True on the "Old Guy".....but...

When Live Nation...became Live Nation....that was a complete separation from CC. Trust me I know....I worked...I mean SLAVED for CC.

(and don't miss the place a bit either after I was there almost 15 years!)

State Capitol is still undergoing improvements. Most if not all of the pit area will be asphalt. Stands on the spectator side have been added. And more to come. Mr. Lanny has done a lot already and if I am not mistaken, we have one of the fastests q/16's around. At the last q/16...13 were in the sixes and about 4-5 six second cars were not there. My 6.88 was only good for #8. Looking forward to the national. Its been awhile since we have had nitro!!! Top Dragster should be very fast.

Last edited:
True on the "Old Guy".....but...

When Live Nation...became Live Nation....that was a complete separation from CC. Trust me I know....I worked...I mean SLAVED for CC.

(and don't miss the place a bit either after I was there almost 15 years!)

One of my freinds wife worked at CC for awhile (before LN), she doesn't miss it either!

JT I wish the OFAA could get a couple of dates at SAR, but I know that won't probably happen.:(

Kenneth

Noticed this link on recent post on InsideFastBrackets.com:

Courthouse News Service

Sounds like maybe the IHRA thinks somebody has got their money . . . a little different story than the farmer at the end of the track. Too bad, it is a nice facility.

Kenneth

Noticed this link on recent post on InsideFastBrackets.com:

Courthouse News Service

Sounds like maybe the IHRA thinks somebody has got their money . . . a little different story than the farmer at the end of the track. Too bad, it is a nice facility.

Jeff, the word we heard a while back was that 2 years ago during the national event when the track started pulling up and they repaved it over night that IHRA was suppose to pay Zampese back for it. However, that never happened. So once the national event was over this year, Zampese didnt give IHRA their cut b/c he said they owed him. And supposedly there's a bunch more bs going on also. So now IHRA has sued them. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Jeff, the word we heard a while back was that 2 years ago during the national event when the track started pulling up and they repaved it over night that IHRA was suppose to pay Zampese back for it. However, that never happened. So once the national event was over this year, Zampese didnt give IHRA their cut b/c he said they owed him. And supposedly there's a bunch more bs going on also. So now IHRA has sued them. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

couple buddies of mine from the San Antonio area told me the same thing Justin.. makes you wonder about the Milan deal also....

Billy

Form IHRA.com

Amalie Oil and the International Hot Rod Association will continue their working partnership on two 2009 Nitro Jam national events. The sanctioning body moved its annual Texas Nationals from San Antonio Raceway to Dallas Raceway for the ’09 slate, heading to a brand new facility for the third event of the season, and Amalie has agreed to make the move as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back