2008 nhra tax return (1 Viewer)

What i find so amazing is all season long everyone complains pisses and moans on here. Tom is dumb leading NHRA wrong way Light is dumb can't find his own butt with a flash light and his own 2 hands. NOW everyone is singing a different tune. They are either dumb as a hoe handle or there not.

Today's society teaches us that we have to rip or praise the entire person and that is not right. Few people are all good or all bad. While I will be the first to bash the choices made in regards to the countdown, nitrogate, and many other decisions. I also think that it is important to fully view and understand something rather than just pigeon hole something as all one way or the other. I run and help put on many events, albeit on a much, much smaller scale, I greatly appreciate the effort and art it takes for them to pull of a race every weekend. With weather, varriances in track set ups and a millions other variables. We know have a major network carrying our coverage, no its not perfect coverage but it is a step. When Winston left he did help bring in another name sponsor. Yes we can critique issues withing those choices even but it is not all bad.

Do I think he's right for the job? no. I would like to see someone with a knowledge and passion for the sport. I want someone who truely believes in our sport to be the one selling it to the world and not someone who thinks gimmicks is the answer.

Does that mean that he is a complete failure, No. Do I want someone else running the show. YES

Gary Darcy has to be the Biggest waste of an NHRA Employee in history! Since he's been in charge of marketing, both the TF/FC shootouts are history, several races are unsponsored. Guy couldn't sell water in Saudi Arabia!!!!!

Heck!, for 700K Tom Compton ain't working for NHRA, the poor guys a volunteer.

well dang, if you hear him whining about it let him know I would be willing to work for HALF of what he makes.

I work more hrs a week and he still makes more a month than I make a year.

well dang, if you hear him whining about it let him know I would be willing to work for HALF of what he makes.

I work more hrs a week and he still makes more a month than I make a year.
Have you ever heard him whine about his salary? I haven't.

well dang, if you hear him whining about it let him know I would be willing to work for HALF of what he makes ...
You say that now, and most would agree with you. Grass is always greener in someone else's yard. But as soon as you were in that position and understood that others in your "peer" group received 2x what you were earning, you would be standing in line like any normal person asking why you were underpaid. It is human nature.

The Mater needs to stop sweating details out of their control. While public knowledge, what people earn is between themselves and their employer / organization. Did anyone happen to see the report this weekend where it was shown that something like 300,000 federal employees are paid over $100k and that the AVERAGE salary for a Federal employee is $70k which is more than 2x greater than the national average. How many of them are worth what they earn?

Second biggest? I'm thinking both F1 and NASCAR are much bigger than NHRA no matter how you define big.

oh how about people who actually compete in it Brett? U think there are over 60,000 licensed F-1 competitors out there? Think over 60K people race NASCAR style events using their rules formats?

Just thought ya should know that there are numbers such as participation which are just as important as how many people attend events.

Have you ever heard him whine about his salary? I haven't.

I guess you didn't catch the post I quoted.

for 700K Tom Compton ain't working for NHRA, the poor guys a volunteer.

aw boo hoo.

I have a B.B.A in business management, that should at least get me through the first round of cuts right? :cool:

But as soon as you were in that position and understood that others in your "peer" group received 2x what you were earning, you would be standing in line like any normal person asking why you were underpaid.

To me, these guys are on par with pro sports players. Way overpaid . . . especially for those hard 40 hrs a week.

Would be interesting to see how much class payout is for the NHRA as a percentage of gross revenue (sure the numbers are around here somewhere).

My final point is this: I had a professor in the business school who started up a real estate company at 24, made millions selling his company at 30 and was essentially bored so decided to teach at the local university as a way of giving back. He's been on several tv shows, radio spots etc as a local "voice of business" or a school rep.

He would tell us once a week the best job to get is on a board. Show up for a couple hours a week and draw a huge salary for the time invested. He is currently on 3 boards all of which have zero to do with the real estate industry he was involved in.

And this isn't the only person I have heard this from. Being a board member is the most cush job on the planet.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back