2008 nhra tax return (1 Viewer)

A tad over 4k a jump. Will that cover the cost of health insurance? That is if he can even get any. And he probably covers the expense of the plane. So he breaks <no pun intended> even and jumps for the thrill.

I think I'm gonna be ill. Glad to see these people are doing so well when everybody else is up sh*t creek. I'd like to see how the competiton fees increase will be reflected in the 2009 return. I guess I'll have to wait till next year. That is - if I still give a damn about NHRA by then. It's amazing how a non profit group can make so much money. Anybody got a phone number for "60 Minutes"?

Dave:(

It's amazing how a non profit group can make so much money. Anybody got a phone number for "60 Minutes"?

Dave, the term “non-profit” does not mean “must not make profit” it means that any profits made must be directed back into the organization, not distributed to employees and/or shareholders.

We WANT the NHRA to make money. It means they can invest in their tracks, improve facilities, hire more staff, hire better staff, increase advertising, etc., etc., etc

No doubt that we want NHRA to make money. I care so much about this sport, I want to see it grow and prosper.

People ***** about what Compton and Graham Light make, but the show that they deliver is top notch in the world of entertainment. Since Compton has taken over, the events are so much more professional than they used to be. They run so much smoother and are on time, the NHRA brand name is recognizable world wide, the TV coverage is much improved, (all on one network, and at a lot more stable time slot), and yes even the race track facilities are much improved. Sure there is much that can be improved on, but look at the progress.

Yeah but 700,000 dollars smooth !!!!
the big fat cat on top doesn't care one bit about the little guy. After reading that and the little bone they threw to everyone this year on reduced ticket prices makes me sick

No doubt that we want NHRA to make money. I care so much about this sport, I want to see it grow and prosper.

People ***** about what Compton and Graham Light make, but the show that they deliver is top notch in the world of entertainment. Since Compton has taken over, the events are so much more professional than they used to be. They run so much smoother and are on time, the NHRA brand name is recognizable world wide, the TV coverage is much improved, (all on one network, and at a lot more stable time slot), and yes even the race track facilities are much improved. Sure there is much that can be improved on, but look at the progress.

Agree, Agree, Agree. I'm not sure what everyone is *****ing about on here... Compton is El Pres of the 2nd biggest motor sport in the world. And he does a damn good job at it. 700k sounds about right to me

I don't see anything out of line. The heat these guys take, especially on internet message boards, makes me wonder if it is worth it to them.

I'd like to see what the CEO total is in NASCAR. Probably totals NHRA's entire management team salary/bonus schedule.

Agree, Agree, Agree. I'm not sure what everyone is *****ing about on here... Compton is El Pres of the 2nd biggest motor sport in the world. And he does a damn good job at it. 700k sounds about right to me

Exactly. They make it look easy to run NHRA! I can’t only imagine the stress they have from race week to race week. Safety issues, mother nature, track personnel, sponsors, PR, etc.

I may disagree with many of their decisions and their lack of connection with the average fan but they do run one hell of a great show.

Also these are 2008 numbers. I do believe that they had cut backs during this season. Like someone said we want and need them to make money....of course we could debate what they do with that money.

Yeah but 700,000 dollars smooth !!!!
the big fat cat on top doesn't care one bit about the little guy. After reading that and the little bone they threw to everyone this year on reduced ticket prices makes me sick

700K for a Corporate CEO running a comparable size organization with similar size membership & staff as well as the revenues NHRA generates, amounts to nothing. Heck!, for 700K Tom Compton ain't working for NHRA, the poor guys a volunteer.

:eek:

Last edited:
What i find so amazing is all season long everyone complains pisses and moans on here. Tom is dumb leading NHRA wrong way Light is dumb can't find his own butt with a flash light and his own 2 hands. NOW everyone is singing a different tune. They are either dumb as a hoe handle or there not.

What i find so amazing is all season long everyone complains pisses and moans on here. Tom is dumb leading NHRA wrong way Light is dumb can't find his own butt with a flash light and his own 2 hands. NOW everyone is singing a different tune. They are either dumb as a hoe handle or there not.

Go back and look, two totally differnt choir groups!

2008 numbers are the latest available, look for 2009 numbers in late November 2010.

right since the years not done yet it makes sense that we don't have those numbers. I just meant that I doubt this past season was as good as others had been

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back