$700K for Compton? (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
The Agent is reporting that while NHRA's '07 tax return showed lower profits than the previous year, the guys at the helm got raises, with TC being paid over $700K. Hey, I'm all for a CEO of a company doing over 120Mil in revenue getting paid well, but this seems excessive, especially in light of reported layoffs at Glendora, racers struggling to stay afloat, and purses that have been stagnant for decades. Am I wrong?

The Agent is reporting that while NHRA's '07 tax return showed lower profits than the previous year, the guys at the helm got raises, with TC being paid over $700K. Hey, I'm all for a CEO of a company doing over 120Mil in revenue getting paid well, but this seems excessive, especially in light of reported layoffs at Glendora, racers struggling to stay afloat, and purses that have been stagnant for decades. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong, but unfortunately this is what happens at other companies that are not performing. GM employees are going to get a bonus even though the company is almost bankrupt. At least the ones making more than 120K supposedly will not get a bonus. But even then, I think they will get something under the radar.

...EXCELLENT !!!...This is where the "MATERS of the world....and anyone else

with 1/2 a brain and a frickin' calculator to KNOW -"TOM-GRAHAM-DALLAS(still) CLUB ...WHY are they allowed to do this....???...wunderin''''?

...INCREDIBLE amount of money ...for a men who don't like to speak in public.......:cool:

Last edited:
As an average employee should you take a wage cut if things are not going well?
700k is not that much for revenues of 120 million. From my experience most CEO's will take 2-4% of the total gross for their wage.
Comparing him to his peers he is underpaid.

As an average employee should you take a wage cut if things are not going well?
700k is not that much for revenues of 120 million. From my experience most CEO's will take 2-4% of the total gross for their wage.
Comparing him to his peers he is underpaid.

I just gota ask. What is it that these highly paid executives are doing for the companies that justify those high salaries??????????:rolleyes:

I suspect that his total compensation package is not out of line and probably a bit undervalued in todays world. I would also suspect that to find a replacement may actually result in the total cost for his position going up, not down.

I'm just a little guy in Maine and to me that is a HUGE amount of money and seems outrageous, but I do work for corporations in multiple states and as a computer person I do sometimes have access to things that are "confidential" and what I can say is that 700K for the leader of a company doing over 100m per year is not at all out of line.

I have to agree that the number isn't exactly out of line, given the revenues of the NHRA. However, it's more about the act of taking a raise for the guys on top, while at the same time laying people off, while at the same time the people who put on your show are struggling, at the same time not paying those people more for putting on the show, etc. It's almost more about the act of taking more for yourself when everyone around you is struggling than the actual dollars involved.

Anyone who thinks his salary is out of line really needs to do a little more investigation to find out what people holding similar positions command.

I know somebody who would do the job for 1/5th the money. ;-)

5 million in profit for a non profit corp? How about sharing the wealth? Increased purse? Lower entry fees? I can dream right?

Please Click The Link Below And Read The Article, About A REAL C.E.O.

ABC News: Costco CEO Finds Pro-Worker Means Profitability
worked for this Real CEO for 13 years. Jimmah knows how to run a business. His mission statement
1: obey the law
2: take care of your customers
3: take care of your employees.
4: respect your vendors.
If you do all these things in order you will accomplish your ultimate goal:
5: REWARD YOUR SHARE HOLDERS.
BTW, even after not being with COSTCO for 5 years i still get a holiday card from Jim Sinegal! Class act all the way.

I thought he was probably still living well off the royalties from the 2 Weekend at Bernies movies.............:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back