2003 Toyota Corolla S A/C issue (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
I found a Toyota forum....but there's very little traffic. ;)

Since the day I drove the Yota off the lot, max/recirc blew harder than the fresh air mode. It picked TODAY to stop! Grrrr.....there is absolutely no difference between the 2 modes. I can tell it definitely switches modes. I always RELY on that extra 'umph' in the summer months. And today (Justin will back me up) was horrid! It took 45 minutes for me and my interior to cool completely down. I know, I know....what idiot buys a car with dark charcoal interior in SE Texas? :rolleyes:

A couple of months ago I replaced the a/c relay switch cuz it stopped blowing cold air at all. That was a nice $60 fix that I did myself. I'm on an EXTREME budget (gotta make it to Ennis) and I need to try to remedy this problem myself, too.

Anyone ever have this issue? :)

I found a Toyota forum....but there's very little traffic. ;)

Since the day I drove the Yota off the lot, max/recirc blew harder than the fresh air mode. It picked TODAY to stop! Grrrr.....there is absolutely no difference between the 2 modes. I can tell it definitely switches modes. I always RELY on that extra 'umph' in the summer months. And today (Justin will back me up) was horrid! It took 45 minutes for me and my interior to cool completely down. I know, I know....what idiot buys a car with dark charcoal interior in SE Texas? :rolleyes:

A couple of months ago I replaced the a/c relay switch cuz it stopped blowing cold air at all. That was a nice $60 fix that I did myself. I'm on an EXTREME budget (gotta make it to Ennis) and I need to try to remedy this problem myself, too.

Anyone ever have this issue? :)

I use this forum quite a bit for my Lumina.

Corolla/Matrix/Voltz - Automotive Forums .com Car Chat

No know nothing about Yota's Kel, but a girl's gotta have AC in August in Texas. It was )$#*O#W hot today!

Um, have I mentioned my next vehicle will be a Dodge.....preferably a Charger? ;)

Hey, Kelly, I have a really nice(?) 93 Pontiac Grand Am (low mileage about 230,000 last time I checked) with working AC that you can use in the interim...looks kinda like WJs old pro stocker (not). Just let me know if you need it, and I'll have Suzie set up some DHL shipping to Texasville for you!

Wow, Terry! If you're serious that's a generous offer! Nah, it still blows cold...just not very hard. I'm sure driving with my face 3 inches from the vent isn't very safe though. lol

Actually, I started my car about 20 minutes before I left yesterday and the whole cabin cooled off nicely. Thank goodness we have a gated parking lot at work! Anyway, it was pretty comfortable compared to the day before. :)

Wow, Terry! If you're serious that's a generous offer! Nah, it still blows cold...just not very hard. I'm sure driving with my face 3 inches from the vent isn't very safe though. lol

Actually, I started my car about 20 minutes before I left yesterday and the whole cabin cooled off nicely. Thank goodness we have a gated parking lot at work! Anyway, it was pretty comfortable compared to the day before. :)
That's good to hear! Stay cool in the mean time! Don't spose you are gonna be attending that Brut Brigade deal, huh?

Kelly,has the cabin filter ever been changed?Maybe a place to start.It can block airflow if dirty.
I did check tsb's at work , only thing listed is poor air flow after a long drive. The evaporator freezes up and blocks airflow.Good luck.

Thanks Patrick! That's a great suggestion....I'm sure it's never been cleaned or changed. Oh, there's only 111K miles on my car.

I swapped the one out in my Buick last weekend. It was in REALLY bad shape.:eek:

The difference was amazing!

Wahoo! $20 at O'Reilly (passed an Autozone and an Advance Auto to get there ;) ) to pick up a new cabin air filter and it worked like a champ! It blows like a tornado now! Thanks Patrick....I owe you one! :D

They suggested replacing it every 22K or 10K in dusty conditions. Considering my car spends a fair amount of time sitting at MX Parks.....I guess I was a tad overdue. :rolleyes:

I can't believe it's only been a year! Get this....I cranked up my A/C last Friday afternoon and it was making a funny noise. I thought CRAP! It's summer! So, I was going to do a little searching around to see if that darned ol' intake near the filter was clogged or something. Well, typical me....I put it off.

Yesterday, I started my car up after work and heard this horrible whining coming from the A/C. Yikes! It's getting worse! This is NOT good. So, I took the glove compartment out and looked around. Nothing. Seeing how it was freakin' hot and I was in panty hose, I decided to wait until I got home. Meanwhile, it started barely blowing again.

Got home, took the filter out and it had several holes in it and was being sucked into the outlet/inlet (whatever!).

I can't believe it only lasted a year! The Toyota OEM filter that came with the car lasted 4 years! Hmmmm....I wonder where I'm getting the next one?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back