1320! (1 Viewer)

NHRAMike

Nitro Member
I know there are few fans of Megadeth out there (Bob Pelligrini excluded) but I found a link to the first song from their new album called 1320. The song starts off with a burnout and makes many references to drag racing. After hearing this I'm convinced that ESPN2/NHRA needs to dump the Shania wannabe and play this!

Here's the Lyrics:

Grinding my teeth, white knuckles grasp at the wheel
I rush from an avalanche of adrenaline, its all that I feel
As quick as a bolt of lightning, a rocket ride in a bucket seat
It doesnt get any better than this, it just feeds my need for speed

Supercharged, strapped in and screaming
Fire spiting from the pipes
A burnout by the flame throwing fury
8,000 horses ignite
Full throttle, hit the ground running
With a tank full of nitro
And its 1,320' to go to the finish line

My hands hold tight, a fire breathing stampede
I fall into a trance, hold my breath till the light turns green
In a cloud of nitro methane, melting rubber, I say my prayers
Man and machine accelerate and I vanish in thin air

8,000 horses ignite

For some reason I cant get the youtube link to come up so here's the link to the Iron Maiden fansite with the linky to the song.

Megadeth 1320 link

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Wow,Thanks for the link John.How about we jam that at 6:00 a.m. In the parking lot at Indy.I think Missy Is still on good terms with the chief of police after last year.

The beginning rules! The rest isn't too bad either. Still not as good as Kill The King or the Countdown To Extinction album.

Ah, Megadeth. Brings me back to the early 90's with my hair down to the middle of my back listening to tunes like Hanger 18 and Sympathy of Destruction. Cool to see them do a song on drag racing. Metallica still rules!

The beginning rules! The rest isn't too bad either. Still not as good as Kill The King or the Countdown To Extinction album.

I had heard a rumor they entered the drag racing spotlight with a very low-key fairly unknown album released recently titled "Kill the Countdown". The story is there were hundreds of copies sold, but all shipped to someone that would only refer to themselves as "PJ".

:)

:D

i had heard a rumour they entered the drag racing spotlight with a very low-key fairly ownknown album released recently titled "kill the countdown". The story is there were hundreds of copies sold, but all shipped to someone that would only refer to themselves as "pj".

:)

:d

lmao!!!!!!:d

I ran into Dave at a drag race about 10 or so years ago. We spoke for a while about the power belching out of the nitro cars that were at this particular event. (Coors 32 funny-cars.)
He was really quite interested in what was going on. I told him it was as powerful as a good Megadeth concert. He then proceeded to give me a dirty look. Really quite a nice guy. And a perfect place to meet him for my first time.

Re: Megadeth's new Album

New Album called End Game will be available at stores 9/15/09.
The reason I'm posting that info here is on the Album is a song called 1320' and it's very heavy! The part I like is it starts out with a nitro motor doing a burn out and launch and ends with going through the finish.
Dave finally listen to my request and it's pretty good if I say so myself. ;):p

I know there are few fans of Megadeth out there (Bob Pelligrini excluded) but I found a link to the first song from their new album called 1320. The song starts off with a burnout and makes many references to drag racing. After hearing this I'm convinced that ESPN2/NHRA needs to dump the Shania wannabe and play this!

Here's the Lyrics:

Grinding my teeth, white knuckles grasp at the wheel
I rush from an avalanche of adrenaline, its all that I feel
As quick as a bolt of lightning, a rocket ride in a bucket seat
It doesnt get any better than this, it just feeds my need for speed

8,000 horses ignite

My hands hold tight, a fire breathing stampede
I fall into a trance, hold my breath till the light turns green
In a cloud of nitro methane, melting rubber, I say my prayers
Man and machine accelerate and I vanish in thin air

8,000 horses ignite

For some reason I cant get the youtube link to come up so here's the link to the Iron Maiden fansite with the linky to the song.

Megadeth 1320 link

Hey Mike you should have seen his reaction when I told him it was now 1000' it was priceless......:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back