07 television schedule (1 Viewer)

.........I can't believe this, the season hasn't even started yet and Maters are already whining, good grief get a grip :rolleyes:

With all the bitching e-mailed to ESPN, I can't believe we're stuck with Paul and his annoying voice and lousy commentary! I guess my volume button will get worn out this year.........unbeilevable!!!!:mad: JJ

With all the bitching e-mailed to ESPN, I can't believe we're stuck with Paul and his annoying voice and lousy commentary! I guess my volume button will get worn out this year.........unbeilevable!!!!:mad: JJ
Just shows you that nhra and espn don't give a RAT'S A$$ about what the viewers think:rolleyes: . And HONESTLY, how many of you Paul haters will not watch the races because of him?:confused:

According to Bob Frey, he will still be doing the Sportsman shows and Sportsman Spotlight pieces on the pre-race shows.

NHRA Pays ESPN for the time...This is why you can buy spots during the races and the support shows directly from NHRA...They control the inventory. At least most of it..It is CERTAILY not a barter, because if it were, ESPN would run Promos for the shows....Hopefully this helps...

The times could be better, let’s hope Paul gets in a grove. Other than that what are you going to do?

NASCAR pushing NHRA around the TV schedule? No big surprise here, if it got pushed back by Softball, Poker, Bowling and Curling well this is no shock. It's tivo time!;)

I wonder what the details of the TV contract are, does ESPN barter for the add money does NHRA pay them to run the shows or does ESPN pay for the rights to carry NHRA? Anybody know?

Who didn't see this thread becoming another Page bashfest.

I've said it before..and I'll say it again..I don't give a sh!t who's announcing..I'M WATCHING..and I'll love it.

Paul said:

“Last year was an incredibly close season for the NHRA not only in the round-by-round competition but also in the championship battles,” said Page. “I’ve done a team tour over the winter and that’s really gotten me pumped for the new season.”

I'm gonna give the guy a friggin break.

Just shows you that nhra and espn don't give a RAT'S A$$ about what the viewers think:rolleyes: . And HONESTLY, how many of you Paul haters will not watch the races because of him?:confused:

Another one who equates "displeasure" for someone with 'hate'. ;)

"Hate" is a very strong word and should be used sparingly. ;)

David, I agree with you!!:)

Same here. I really did not like many of his announcing performances. That is just a personal opinion. However, I am going to watch every broadcast anyway. I'll give him the chance to change my opinion or I'll just keep on dis-liking his work. That is on ME not him. I love the sport so I'll watch whatever they show and just deal with it. I really hope he just gets better and better...

David, I agree with you!!:)
Teri, you are SUCH a sweet person! Since you are so generous with a chance for Paul Page, I'll give it a try and give him another chance also. But, if he sucks as bad as he did last year, can I go back to not being happy with him in the booth?

Teri, you are SUCH a sweet person! Since you are so generous with a chance for Paul Page, I'll give it a try and give him another chance also. But, if he sucks as bad as he did last year, can I go back to not being happy with him in the booth?
Thank you Terry!!
Yes, if at the end of the season he is still as bad as last year you can go back to not being happy with him in the booth!!
For now lets just be happy that it's time to go racing & your genuine BUCKEYES are in the mail to you!!!:p :p

Do most of the posters on this subject just like to whine? It seems you've all forgotten how bad Marty was in the beginning. If Paul Page doesn't step up then ESPN will give him the boot. Why did Marty leave? Was IRL panting at the door for his services? Who even watches IRL events anyway? There must be a reason and inquiring minds want to know.

Do most of the posters on this subject just like to whine? It seems you've all forgotten how bad Marty was in the beginning. If Paul Page doesn't step up then ESPN will give him the boot. Why did Marty leave? Was IRL panting at the door for his services? Who even watches IRL events anyway? There must be a reason and inquiring minds want to know.
William
I also remember when Marty was struggling with the lingo... It took some time with Dunn for him to perfect his announcing of Drag Racing... As far as Marty leaving, I'm sure it has something to do with having to only do less then half the shows as NHRA and they acually pay him!!
Always follow the $$...;) ;) :D

thething that bothers me is it seems he has no knoledge of the sport and drivers, he only says last names. and all he says is- and so and so " takes it all the way", last year he actually called t.s- tony shoemaker remamber that :mad: hjes had a lot of time off to get farmiliar with the sport and drivers so we will see.

my .02...

I'm a fan of a lot of different motor sports so Paul Paige isn't new to me at all...

I don't like his work (I've never meet him so I can't say I don't like him)...and I can't think of any broadcast with him that he made more enjoyable to watch. in fact, for me the opposite is the case; he makes races of any kind much, much less enjoyable for me...

and I doubt I'll be watching as many NHRA broadcasts as I have in the past, or at least not watching them for as long...some people'll say that makes me "not a fan", but again IMHO, accepting a product that is inferior just because you're a fan doesn't make much sense to me

That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Like going to an upscale restaurant and you don't like the way the waiter talks..so you don't eat the food.

Guys I dont like PP that much either b/c I feel he should know more about the sport since he's the lead coverage guy. However I've heard he's made a big effort over the winter to get alot better. But it doesnt matter if they put Michael Jackson in the booth, its the only way we get to VIEW and SEE the races if we cant go so I will be watching.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back