07 television schedule (1 Viewer)

Samuel
First off, I keep hoping that Paul will pull it together because we are stuck with him!! I really wish Alan was'nt so good with his top end interviews and his time in the tower doing the sportsman cars... But it seems that no matter how much we yell and scream, we are stuck!! HELP!!

As far as T.V. schedule, I have always felt that you guys on the east coast get the shaft no matter if it is Drag Racing or those other stick and ball sports... I don't know how you guys do it...

I'd tell you to move west man... But we are out of room!! lol I feel for ya though...

NHRA Raceday, great name.

Think from out side the box! If you weren't from a NHRA backround, what would you reckon NHRA 2day was about?

Also unless your name is Steve Evans, their will never be a QUALITY show like NHRA Today!

Quality is better than quanitity!

Cheers

James

Well the tyrant of NASCAR rears its head... i knew that Drag racing would get the shaft once ESPN got the Cup guys back.... ESPN pays the bills on the cup programs.. so they need to make sure those shows get the best time slots.....

Billy

Look at the sportsman shows. No more Bob Frey??!!

Page for all 23.

Sheesh, look at the late nite times.

hmmm.......

I hope I am reading this wrong--does it say we are only going to have 8 qualifying shows, or 8 qualifying shows after Busch races? And I spose if the Busch race runs 45 min long, qualifying will be 45 min short again this year? And Paul Page

I leanred last year with Page to just video tape the show and watch it in fast forward when he's talking. of course this also mean I zip through those important commercials too.

Page and the countdown...it's like they're beggin me to go away

I leanred last year with Page to just video tape the show and watch it in fast forward when he's talking. of course this also mean I zip through those important commercials too.

Page and the countdown...it's like they're beggin me to go away

Hang in there PJ! At least you have the big M back and have escaped the wheel chair!

elmer fudd on all 23 events oh god, i gotta return my surround sound system i just bought :mad: gotta watch it with the sound off now!

The times could be better, let’s hope Paul gets in a grove. Other than that what are you going to do?

NASCAR pushing NHRA around the TV schedule? No big surprise here, if it got pushed back by Softball, Poker, Bowling and Curling well this is no shock. It's tivo time!;)

I wonder what the details of the TV contract are, does ESPN barter for the add money does NHRA pay them to run the shows or does ESPN pay for the rights to carry NHRA? Anybody know?

Last edited:
NHRa pays to air the evetns... but i am willingthat there is a deal for a percentage of the ad revinue to cover part of the payment... Certin amount up front... then all the ad sales.. and if they don't hit the amount needed to pay in Full.. then the NHRA kicks in the extra to finish out payment... or if they are lucky.. they have extra funds that the NHRa might get from the adds...

who knows...lol

Billy

You would think that if NHRA is paying for the shows they would have more to say about the run times. But then again, what do I know?

Thanks for the information.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Tivo. Tell it to record "Drag Racing" and "race day" and forget about it. Tivo will record any episode, whenever it airs! Then, you get to be in control while watching, i.e. fast forward through commercials, Paul Page, etc.. Even when the actual races are being broadcast, I let Tivo begin recording about the first 30 minutes and then I start watching from the beginning. A 2 hour broadcast becomes 1 1/2 hours or less, you don't have to watch commercials and, best of all, you can fast forward everytime Paul Page opens his mouth!

Now, if Tivo could only come up with an automatic commercial and Paul Page filter, that would be slick!

Maybe Paul Page "bought his ride" on ESPN2? That's about the only way I could understand why he is back. Totaly incompetent.

Forgot to comment on the "NHRA paying ESPN" comment above. I don't think that NHRA pays for or has any control over what ESPN covers or airs. Case in point, the Steve Johnson saga at the 2005 US Nationals. I was there in Steve's pit throughout the ordeal and ESPN was adament about showing which bike REALLY crossed the finish line first and couldn't have cared less what NHRA wanted them to do. ESPN and David Reif were instrumental in getting the race result reversed (to the correct result) through their repeated broadcasts of the finish line pictures.

I was not talking about content, I was thinking that if they are paying for a time slot they would be adamant about not getting pushed back or shortened because the trout fishing nationals (or something) are on. ESPN would never give content control away. I have a DVR and do record the shows it just bugs me when I find out that the first hour of what I thought was going to be Drag Racing turns out to be turtle wrestling and it stops recording before the end because it got pushed back.

I'm with ya on the delayed start time and, thus delayed end time. I learned a while ago to have Tivo end recording at least one hour AFTER the scheduled end time. I think I actually have it stop TWO hours after the scheduled end time, just to make sure underwater mud wrestling running late doesn't cause me to lose the end of the drag race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back