Xtreme Texas Nats live on Bang shift now (1 Viewer)

They're running TA/FC, first time for these cars on the 1/8 mile. Doug Gordon is there with the Beta car. Also Will Hanna is there as well. So far, Q1, Gordon ran 3.71 - 208. Hot & humid, so F/C is right about the same ET's as Pro Mod. So far...... I really expect to see 3.50's - 3.60's as the night goes on. BTW, this track reminds me of Lions, with the covered bridge behind the starting line. Wish I was there!

Update. Annie Wheatley & Sean Bellemeur are there as well. Sean #1 3.663 - 210. Annie 3.73 - 209. I don't think many of these drivers have run 1/8 mile before. They're putting on a good show.

Last edited:
Update. Annie Wheatley & Sean Bellemeur are there as well. Sean #1 3.663 - 210. Annie 3.73 - 209. I don't think many of these drivers have run 1/8 mile before. They're putting on a good show.

Enjoyed the Alky cars as well. The MWPMS sort of advertised upwards of 16 TAFC cars, but only 10 in Q1, Bump spot is 3.90. Maybe more cars in Q2 & Q3. Only 15 cars in PM. The ADRL race in St. Louis has 27 cars in Pro Extreme (Pro Mod). A bunch of the Midwest Pro Mod drivers opted to race in St. Louis instead of Texas.

Last edited:
Just finished Q2. Sean got quicker at 3.64. Wow, what a pass! Hope I can watch this race tomorrow.

If anyone gets the chance to attend one of these races, do it!! It's some of the most entertaining, fun, hardcore racing I've ever been a part of. I could go on and on about the treatment of the racers, the track prep, the fans... all of it. It's a damn good time!!

My sister and I loved watching you and the other TAFC guys and girls run on the 1/8th mile. Steve had your car on the rails all weekend. It would be great to see in person sometime. When I was last in America earlier this year I drove past that track on the I-45 - a great looking facility. Congratulations on the win.

Sean, do you think you'd run more 1/8 mile in the future? My post 3 above was taken from Xtreme Raceway web site & you guys were pretty excited. What did the other racers think about 1/8 mile? I thought it was great that you & Doug Gordon were in the final. I really miss seeing the alky cars cuz Wild Horse doesn't run a regional race anymore. T/AD & TA/FC always put on a great show.

Sean, do you think you'd run more 1/8 mile in the future? My post 3 above was taken from Xtreme Raceway web site & you guys were pretty excited. What did the other racers think about 1/8 mile? I thought it was great that you & Doug Gordon were in the final. I really miss seeing the alky cars cuz Wild Horse doesn't run a regional race anymore. T/AD & TA/FC always put on a great show.

The Mid West Drag Racing Series has actually left it up to us. It really doesn't matter to me, personally. I thought I wouldn't like it but it does tighten up the racing and it's easier for the fans to see the entire run. I'm lucky to say my crew chief (Steve Boggs) has a solid tune up for both so I feel like we can be competitive in both as long as I don't screw up. I hope any and all of you get the chance to see one of these races in person. It is incredible drag racing and a hell of a lot of fun.

Sean, how does the tuneup change for the 1/8 mile? It would seam to me that you are hitting the first 1/8” as hard as you can in a qt. Mile race anyway.
Maybe you are carrying a little less fuel So that changes the weight of the car? Just wondering.
Thanks for any insite.

Sean, how does the tuneup change for the 1/8 mile? It would seam to me that you are hitting the first 1/8” as hard as you can in a qt. Mile race anyway.
Maybe you are carrying a little less fuel So that changes the weight of the car? Just wondering.
Thanks for any insite.
You're pretty accurate with that. We get after it pretty hard early anyways with transmission ratios, fuel and timing. I can't say too much here without my crew chief slappin my hand but in short we basically make the fuse shorter. Admittedly going in to last weekend I wasn't a real big fan of 1/8 races. Well I stand corrected. It tightens up the fields, it allows the fans to see the entire run instead of having to maybe miss something down track because they wanted a good starting line seat. Mark me down as a fan now!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back