Wrinkle wall tractor tires (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
I enjoy watching videos of the tractor pulls. Have noticed that those monster rear tires are wrinkle walls. Didn't realize you could do that on dirt. Not like a drag car, but you can see the tires in photos & they are wrinkle walls. Am always amazed at the class that features 5-6 supercharged engines, or turbines, or old Allison airplane engines. So cool to watch. Those tractors are first cousins to drag cars. You really can say those are drag races.

We go to several pulls a year and they are impressive but you know the 5-6 engines are "only" putting out about what one nitro engines make in HP. Tractor engines are in the 2500 HP range

John Force interview...
2500 HP...well he!!, my Chevy makes that on ONE cylinder.........while upside down and on fire......He!! I was waving to Elvis at 1000'

Several years ago I asked someone who works on a pulling team via his blog site why don't they use just 1 nitro motor instead of multiple alky engines, he stated that Nitro wouldn't survive a single run in tractor pulling, and it's a moot point as Nitro is banned in most pulling organizations anyway.

Cool video! I saw a Pro Mod truck and what I think was a rear engined sidewinder. Wow....

the minis are insane, definitely takes some nads to drive one, have seen several on their sides at the end of a pull

I think the design of a lot of classes is interesting, what with the engine almost over the front axle. And they STILL do big wheelies! :) Some really cool tractors & what have you. Those folks are really into the pulls, just like we are into drag racing. So how many drag racers have gone into tractor pulling? Didn't Ken Veney get into pulling? Maybe Don Garlits could build a monster tractor, call it the Dirt Rat. :D

I remember being around 15 yrs. old at Buck in Lancaster and seeing unlimited garden tractor class, Single cylinder with something like a 4-71 roots blower on them. The Mini's there too and Bada$$....All engine and tires.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back