Worsham heading back to family team (1 Viewer)

Not to steer this off topic, but can anyone shed some light on why Phil Burkhart Jr. isn't ever on anyone's short list of drivers? He has always done well, had a great year during his last year with the Worsham's, got bounced for whatever reason, did well as a fill-in for Force yet has dropped off the face of the earth. He seems like a knowledgeable, savvy driver who is also pleasant with the fans. So what gives?

Phil definitely hasn't fallen off the face of the earth Jim, he's currently driving the Permatex Follow a Dream TAFC for Jay Blake.

The J.R. Todd thing seems true, the Sealmaster deal along with the Jegs deal probably is enough money for Troy Jr to run the full tour, and it sounds like DHL is staying on. Lindberg would be a cool choice too.

Not to steer this off topic, but can anyone shed some light on why Phil Burkhart Jr. isn't ever on anyone's short list of drivers? He has always done well, had a great year during his last year with the Worsham's, got bounced for whatever reason, did well as a fill-in for Force yet has dropped off the face of the earth. He seems like a knowledgeable, savvy driver who is also pleasant with the fans. So what gives?
If I remember correctly, Phil couldn't bring any sponsor money which is why he got replaced. I could be wrong though.

I've been a fan of the Worshams since the Tinker Toy days. It'll be nice to see them compete as a family owned team again.

Maybe part of the reason Del left is he may want a break from the full pull. I don't think it's been stated that the Worshams are running all 24 races. I may be wrong, if so that means they found a big sponsor. I would love to see them race for the title as a family.

i can't believe the one famous name wasn't brought into the thread... SKUZA!!!! .. sorry. .had to be done

I hope that means Del has a full time gig set up for his car?
I sure hope so too. I don't see Del pulling out of a full time ride to just do this as a part time hobby. He's a racer, it's all he's ever done. Maybe their plan is to keep renting out both cars to whoever can bring cash and Del and his dad run the team? He stepped out of the seat before, but was still at the track.

Curious, that rumor link is gone now, I would love to see Arend back in the DHL car.

Good for him. He's got nothing else to prove to anyone else and I wish him well. I think the family plan is to spend more time with them. I know his daughter races Jr. Dragster and he can't be there when doing the pro gig. Along with many other family activities.

Remember the Worshams put together a match race down in Barona earlier this year? Could be more of that in 2017. Or who knows, maybe another Nostalgia Funny Car.

And another note after quickly rereading the notice, it does not say he is going to drive the family car. Maybe he's going to concentrate on doing the tuning or something else.

o_O Kenji okazaki IMG_7873.JPG

I still wholly believe that one day, another person with the last name of Kalitta will be driving one of these cars. Scott had 2 boys, Doug has 2 younger kids. Just sayin...

They want to win not break in a armature!
Do to the fact that Jeff Arend was tapped to fill in for Alexis he probably will be the driver and Lee as his teammate.
Obviosly Del and his dad probably have a sponsor lined up. Curious to see who it is.
How much money will you bet?:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back