World Series of ProMod (1 Viewer)

All turbos on one side of the ladder and all supercharged cars on the other. The turbos are killing it!

Stevens and Biehle run identical 5.86 but Biehle goes red.
Pesz fails to start and Rowe runs 5.99

The event was fantastic. I had four people with me who had never seen Pro Mod before and they absolutely loved it. The burnout contest on Friday night was awesome. Stevie 'Fast' Jackson won the contest and the cash. He was getting out of shape around 450', 500' so he pulled the chutes to help straighten himself out and just kept on going to about the 750', 800' mark. It was epic. Saturday's racing was great. The track was in great shape, the weather was nice, and the racing was close. Unlike last year, they posted the e.t.s and speeds during eliminations which made it more exciting in my opinion. Unfortunately Derek Menholt crashed and tore up a really nice car. Luckily he was okay. Here is a video of his crash if you're interested.
Outside of this crash, the weekend went pretty smooth, and I highly recommend this event to anyone who is a die hard racing fan (even if you're not a die hard Pro Mod fan).

The event was fantastic. I had four people with me who had never seen Pro Mod before and they absolutely loved it. The burnout contest on Friday night was awesome. Stevie 'Fast' Jackson won the contest and the cash. He was getting out of shape around 450', 500' so he pulled the chutes to help straighten himself out and just kept on going to about the 750', 800' mark. It was epic. Saturday's racing was great. The track was in great shape, the weather was nice, and the racing was close. Unlike last year, they posted the e.t.s and speeds during eliminations which made it more exciting in my opinion. Unfortunately Derek Menholt crashed and tore up a really nice car. Luckily he was okay. Here is a video of his crash if you're interested.
Outside of this crash, the weekend went pretty smooth, and I highly recommend this event to anyone who is a die hard racing fan (even if you're not a die hard Pro Mod fan).
Hey Frank, how was the crowd? I know it takes a few years for an event to gain a following, and I really would love to see this one gain steam in future years.

Hey Frank, how was the crowd? I know it takes a few years for an event to gain a following, and I really would love to see this one gain steam in future years.

The crowd was an improvement over last year which is always a good sign. I think Bandimere holds somewhere around 25,000. Friday's crowd was smaller, I would guess probably 3-5k. Saturday seemed to be at least double so I'm guessing somewhere near 8-11k. To put those numbers in perspective, I'm thinking it was probably the 4th most popular event of the year for Bandimere. #1 Mile Highs, #2 Night of Fire and Thunder, #3 July 4th jet dragsters/fireworks, then the World Series of Pro Mod. So I think it's moving in the right direction. Plus, in my opinion, having more racers from the east coast show up was also a big plus. The winner, Stevens, is from New Jersey. Caruso from New York, two cars from the Carolina's, etc. Speaking of Caruso, it was his first time at Bandimere and and after being eliminated, in the subsequent round, he was on the starting line and took the mic from Wes Buck to thank all the fans and the track staff. He said it was so refreshing having track staff coming up to his trailer on a regular basis asking if he needed anything, was there anything they could do to help, etc. There were two other drivers who made similar announcements over the PA. Because of multiple drivers giving thanks and singing Bandimere's praises, I'm guessing within the Pro Mod racer community, the event is going to grow in popularity as well. I think the event is going to continue to gain steam.

It is becoming a very good event. We won it last year in the Magna Fuel Pro Star class but were not so lucky this year. We had a lot of fun anyway and the bump for our class went from 7.0 last year to 6.6? this year! I believe there were close to 30 cars trying to get into the 16 car field. We were saying the same thing that Frank said about it being the 4th largest race for Bandimere. Can't wait for next year!

It is becoming a very good event. We won it last year in the Magna Fuel Pro Star class but were not so lucky this year. We had a lot of fun anyway and the bump for our class went from 7.0 last year to 6.6? this year! I believe there were close to 30 cars trying to get into the 16 car field. We were saying the same thing that Frank said about it being the 4th largest race for Bandimere. Can't wait for next year!
I was bummed you lost in the first round. Your altered is fun to watch. Who was the guy with the Alky funny car who ran Friday but wasn't on the property on Saturday? I was going to stop by their pit on Saturday but they were loaded up and gone.

If it was Furches he had a new body. I talked to Robert Kanenwisher and he didn’t know his name. Here is a pic in case anyone else knows. Thanks for responding.

Attachments

• DCFFAD59-800D-4040-AD1D-5C422E838488.jpeg
    DCFFAD59-800D-4040-AD1D-5C422E838488.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back