NHRA Pro Mod Series 2009 Contract Signed! (1 Viewer)

that's great news for the series.
they should be a pro class with points, like bikes who also do not
run full series.

and.........each nat. event track takes turns with bikes/pro mods.
sorry, sick of bikes & sleds @ brainerd. they're great if you've never seen,
but year after year they've become a bathroom/beverage break.

OK.. i always thought the ROI for sponsors was the exposure and hope of potential future sales....... not an actual monatary return for sponsorship..... or did i read that wrong?...

But i am glad they get to run next year at least...and more cars....

Billy

I must be missing something with the Pro Mods and NHRA. They get ZERO TV coverage on the NHRA TV show. They don't get Wallys. When they run at an event is an entirely arbitrary process. They turn off Motel 6 vision when they run, so the fans that stay to watch them run (like me at Indy and Vegas) don't get replays. Now they are going to PAY to play and be treated like 3rd class citizens???

I love the Pro Mods, and thanks to Jegs for stepping up in some fashion. IMO, the Pro Mods should line up this Jegs deal with IHRA, ADRL or create their own series so they can be the top of the bill. It is obvious NHRA does not want them, so why keep pushing that boulder up the hill?

I must be missing something with the Pro Mods and NHRA. They get ZERO TV coverage on the NHRA TV show. They don't get Wallys. When they run at an event is an entirely arbitrary process. They turn off Motel 6 vision when they run, so the fans that stay to watch them run (like me at Indy and Vegas) don't get replays. Now they are going to PAY to play and be treated like 3rd class citizens???

I love the Pro Mods, and thanks to Jegs for stepping up in some fashion. IMO, the Pro Mods should line up this Jegs deal with IHRA, ADRL or create their own series so they can be the top of the bill. It is obvious NHRA does not want them, so why keep pushing that boulder up the hill?

If Tommy Lipar and Dave Wood had not funded the series for the last several years there wouldnt have been one. It would have died years ago. And it was like $500k a year. They've always had to pay basically since the hardcore promod guys with money are who are supporting the series to begin with. Just now every racer has to pay an entry fee for each race. Thats one reason most of the pro mod guys are going to ADRL. I see one big problem with there schedule though, NO DALLAS RACE!

DITTO, DITTO and DITTO!!!

I don't believe it could be said any better, Chris.

Sean D

I agree that the schedule is less than ideal . . . particularly given the great entertainment they provide. I was happy to see that they'll be in the show at No Problem in late March. That place puts on a great show, and they will be much appreciated by the best sportsman crowd we ever see . . . but given the number of restaurants that have closed in the area, post Katrina, I'm afraid the line at Landry's is going to be really long now!

Agreed. It seems on here that most fans (including myself)~

Don't like watching PSB
Like watching Pro Mod

Why is PSB still hanging around?
Why is Pro Mod not at every national event?

that's great news for the series.
they should be a pro class with points, like bikes who also do not
run full series.

I agree Mike. I've wished for years that Pro Mod would become an official class. As for BIR...sick of the sleds too. Too much of a reminder that winter is fast approaching.

I agree that the schedule is less than ideal . . . particularly given the great entertainment they provide. I was happy to see that they'll be in the show at No Problem in late March. That place puts on a great show, and they will be much appreciated by the best sportsman crowd we ever see . . . but given the number of restaurants that have closed in the area, post Katrina, I'm afraid the line at Landry's is going to be really long now!

Jeff I agree on the Cajun Sportsnational, I always thought it was a natural for the Pro Mod Series. They always pack the house at NPR for both the Sportsnational and Divisional series. As for restaurants, we have lost a few but we are coming back strong. Have yall tried Bubba-II's in Thibodaux? Its only about 1/2hr from the track, great little seafood spot.

Some existing Pro classes may find that prospect a bit threatening.

I guess I can only give a fans perspective, I don't know the effect it would have on drivers.

How about trade off PSB for Pro Mod? And of course I realize the PSB drivers would especially have a problem with this.. but don't you think there would be more people in the seats watching them over PSB - maybe the stands wouldn't be full but at least fuller then PSB. Meaning if the sponsors left PSB and went for Pro Mod they would be better off too. Better for fans, better for sponsors? Maybe maybe not?

I'm sure I'm missing a whole lot about the dollars in involved...

well at least we know one thing for next year, the non nitro classes will continue to race a 1/4 mile and not 1000ft. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back