World Series of Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

Shaggy

Nitro Member
OK the World series is at the end of the week. Who all is gonna be there? I will be showing up Friday evening after work and will be videoing until saturday night is over.

The 57th O’Reilly Auto Parts World Series of Drag Racing will be something special in several ways. The event, August 27-29 is the oldest continuous drag racing in the World marking 57 years in 2010. Leading the main attractions, are NHRA Nitro Funny Cars of Tony and Cruz Pedregon and Tim and Dan Wilkerson in “Family Feud” match-ups. Additionally, NHRA Rookie of the Year, Spencer Massey returns to Cordova Dragway behind the wheel of a powerful Top Fuel Dragster. The last time Spencer raced at Cordova, he was driving a Junior Dragster. Racing against him will be Doug Foley in the Dote Family Dragster.

“The World Series is so action packed, that it’s hard to pick the headliners” said Scott Gardner. “However, the Extreme Machine Jet Semi makes an appearance for what is likely to be a crowd favorite” he continued. To back up the Jet Semi are five more (count’em five) Jet Funny Cars and Dragsters. Of course the popular Wheelstanders also return with the Chevy Rebellion and Paddy Wagon.

Probably the class that has gained the most popularity as of late is the Drag Racing Online Nitro Nostalgia Funny Cars presented by Lucas Oil. This year’s World Series of Drag Racing will to see 8-12 of these 240 mph monsters in action. Included in this line-up is the original Blue Max, the Candies and Hughes entry, the Stardust, the Twin Town Shaker, Plastic Fantastic and more! Qualifying for the Nitro Nostalgia Funny Cars is Friday evening (Aug 27) as a part of the Night of Thrills and then again on Saturday afternoon. Final Eliminations for the eight car qualified field will be begin late Saturday and continue through the Pro Show Saturday evening.

Another popular segment returning to the World Series of Drag Racing is the Midwest Super Stock Mafia. The Mafia cars are wild wheelstanding high horsepowered factory hot rods. Not to be out done, the Nostalgia Super Stocks will also be in attendance.

Friday, August 27 is the Night of Thrills (underway at 7 PM) will feature the DRO Nitro Nostalgia Funny Cars, Jet Funny Cars and Dragsters, Super 16 qualifying, Beswick Vs Grocery Getter, Wheelstanders and the Jet Semi. Adults are $20, kids (6-12) $5.

Then on Saturday, August 28 it’s the Pro Finale with countless pro cars including the NHRA Nitro racers. Tickets are $35 adults, kids (6-12) $5. Advance adult discount tickets for the Saturday Pro Finale are available at participating O’Reilly Auto Parts locations.

I'll be there Sat.Eric,could you do me a favor and find out what time the nostalgia funny cars are qualifing on Sat?I know that you know everyone at Cordova-see If you can get a answer out of them-Thanks.

Scott,

Saturday is one of those up in the air days. We should hit the track sometime between noon and 4pm for 2nd round of qualifying. Be sure to stop by the Plastic Fantastic pits and say hello. You too Eric....just be sure to bring the Pepsi. lol

LOL...You will definitly see me around the Plastic Fantastic pits during the day. As for the schedule on Saturday, I am assuming the 2nd round of qualifying will be between 11 and 2 sometime.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back