Wonder What Garlits Thinks About This? (1 Viewer)

On a motorcycle.

Sometimes the future just might be steering us right in the face and we just don't want to admit it.
Another mile stone in drag racing may change everything down the road and bring in a lot more new fans.

Just thinking out loud.
Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Robin, this was cool! Really liked the way the car looked & it always seemed to go straight. When I watch videos of Santa Pod, there are always a bunch of Bugs. Love those cars. By the way, do you guys have any idea of when drag racing will start again in UK?

Thanks, Cliff. I'm not a VW fan myself, but I'm always amazed at the sheer numbers that show up when Santa Pod hosts VW events. They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and performance capabilities. A few years ago, one of the announcers commented, "We've just had a camper-van go down the track quicker than the quickest Ferrari we've ever seen here!"

On the other hand, I remember watching one match in which a guy dialled in at 17 seconds had to give a 6-second head start to the woman in the other lane. Not often you see a 23-second dial-in at a dragstrip -- humans can run the distance in less than twice the time. They took a while to reach the finish, and when they did, the woman won.

As of this moment, we have no idea when it might all start again. Just like everyone everywhere, to be frank.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back