Women crew chiefs (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Are there any out there? I know Scott Palmer's wife (girl friend? not sure) does some work on his car, but I'm not sure in which capacity. And there is Kim LaHaie - I think - and she was a co-crew chief, again, I think. I just bring the topic up because women drivers kicked some gluteus maximus driving in the testing sessions, but as far as I know, there are no women tuners that car make the cars screw like that. I would not mind in the least being wrong about this.

don't forget Allison Lee

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...story-the-early-days-part-1-with-pics.377969/

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...son-lee-part-2-with-pics.378381/#post-4102174

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ry-end-of-the-fed-part-4.386538/#post-4198752

Jim-and-Alison-Lee-Mid-Eastern-Drag-News-63-64-.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any out there? I know Scott Palmer's wife (girl friend? not sure) does some work on his car, but I'm not sure in which capacity. And there is Kim LaHaie - I think - and she was a co-crew chief, again, I think. I just bring the topic up because women drivers kicked some gluteus maximus driving in the testing sessions, but as far as I know, there are no women tuners that car make the cars screw like that. I would not mind in the least being wrong about this.

Kim debuted as Dick's crew chief beginning at Indy in 1982 when she was 22 years old. Yes, I'm sure it was a combination of her and her father's knowledge, but she was officially the crew chief.

Kim debuted as Dick's crew chief beginning at Indy in 1982 when she was 22 years old. Yes, I'm sure it was a combination of her and her father's knowledge, but she was officially the crew chief.

Is Kim Lahaie involved with Drag racing at all anymore? Haven't heard her name in some time.

I always get a laugh out of the "girl power" posts by the female drivers, especially about their teams that are almost completely made up of men. I'll buy into the "girl power" when it's a female driver with a female crew that wins.

Can't forget about Shelly (Anderson) Payne. Not sure if she or Jay call the shots, but she can do it all on a racecar.

The Crew Chiefs tune up and solid crew are the unsung hero's not the drivers which get all the glory!
You can take any professional driver from the two fuel classes and they are only as successful as their crew chiefs and crew!
It's a fact!
There isn't a top notch female crew chief out there yet and probably won't be for a long time.
That's one area that's still dominated by men.
Just a fact not meant to belittle women but as far as a driver I stand by it the driver is as successful as the crew chief and crew that tuned the car!
The driver might win you one with a hole shot or pedaling it.

In the early 70s I helped TF team in Coldwater MI. Kim and her mom would come to the shop for a couple drums of nitro. We'd roll it into the back of her station wagon. Lol
Last time I talked to Kim we laughed about that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back