WJ spanks NHRA (1 Viewer)

WJ has made Millions off of NHRA! I don't recall him saying stuff like this when he was winning 8-10 races a year! But now that he is no longer competitive, let the Whining begin!

The field is tighter than ever. No one has an advantage these days.

You mean to tell me there is not much difference between the cars running 208 and the cars running 213 mph? Yeah the first 8 cars are really tight. Cagnazzi, Edwards,Roy Johnson, & Ken Black engine programs have a definite advantage if you haven't noticed

You mean to tell me there is not much difference between the cars running 208 and the cars running 213 mph? Yeah the first 8 cars are really tight. Cagnazzi, Edwards,Roy Johnson, & Ken Black engine programs have a definite advantage if you haven't noticed

Four engine programs with 8 (10?) cars running seems like a pretty competitive field. Remember the years when Anderson/Line ran away with it year after year? Or Glidden? That was an advantage...

They're all 213mph but Edwards is .027 up on the field and over .2 over 16th. There's no performance gap.. :rolleyes:

Jack...that's my point. The top half of the field is nearly a toss up. That's nearly a dozen cars within a few thousandths. The only advantage now is in the driver.

This is ancient history. He alluded to people cheating today,but wouldn't get specific as to who and how:(

Get the quote correct. He was asked ' how are teams cheating today?'. His exact quote was 'I don't concern myself with anyone cheating'.

He was then asked 'What rules have not been written yet that could be based on what teams are doing now'? His exact quote was ' If you followed the rule book line by line,I'd say there's never been a 100% legal P/S car that has won a race'.

He didn't exclude he or Kurt with that statement either. So where did he specifically say anybody was cheating? Give the man a break,he was brutally honest in the interview,something that's sometimes missing in other interviews.

Get the quote correct. He was asked ' how are teams cheating today?'. His exact quote was 'I don't concern myself with anyone cheating'.

He was then asked 'What rules have not been written yet that could be based on what teams are doing now'? His exact quote was ' If you followed the rule book line by line,I'd say there's never been a 100% legal P/S car that has won a race'.

He didn't exclude he or Kurt with that statement either. So where did he specifically say anybody was cheating? Give the man a break,he was brutally honest in the interview,something that's sometimes missing in other interviews.

Mike,

I agree with your comments. I was surprised to see his comments on prior Nitrous use.

I believe the reason NHRA has drug their feet on fuel injection is the learning curve necessary to police the software inside the computer systems that would operate the fuel injection systems. There would be unlimited opportunities to manipulate other aspects of the car, like traction control.

I believe the reason NHRA has drug their feet on fuel injection is the learning curve necessary to police the software inside the computer systems that would operate the fuel injection systems. There would be unlimited opportunities to manipulate other aspects of the car, like traction control.

F1 and NASCAR already have EFI systems and the policies/procedures in place to police it. McLaren provides an ECU that is fully capable of being monitored for unauthorized changes. The internal software is fully verifiable, and the use of spec boxes makes the hardware robust.

More to the point, however, the concerns over traction control are exaggerated. A clean, properly tuned run will always be faster than a run where the computer has had to come to the rescue. Other series run with traction control and have shown this time and again.

Perhaps it's time we embraced the future instead of the past?

I wonder how well this system would work in a high compression engine, what with opening the valves against a lot of cylinder pressure...

Not sure why that would be a concern. All you'd have to have is the pneumatic system pressurized higher than the compression ratio.

Direct injection (and diesel) fuel systems run PSIs in the thousands, not sure why these systems couldn't.

F1 and NASCAR already have EFI systems and the policies/procedures in place to police it. McLaren provides an ECU that is fully capable of being monitored for unauthorized changes. The internal software is fully verifiable, and the use of spec boxes makes the hardware robust.

More to the point, however, the concerns over traction control are exaggerated. A clean, properly tuned run will always be faster than a run where the computer has had to come to the rescue. Other series run with traction control and have shown this time and again.

Agreed!

I agree.

However, all of that would require hiring people who know what they're doing with this stuff to setup, prepare and monitor it. Those people don't come cheap. That, and perhaps some higher ups in the tech department simply "don't trust" this newfangled stuff to be "honest."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back