WJ & KJ no money.. no race (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Registered member said:
I’m not about to make the NHRA any richer than they are, by racing without a sponsor
Well said sir!

That's a shame, the Johnsons are a fixture on the NHRA tour, they deserve to be out there.

I could see alot of teams running partial schedules this year and just shooting to get into the top 10 by Indy.

I can't imagine watching a race without the Johnson's, however I do understand that this is a business for them, and I have to respect their decision. This just sucks all the way around, hopefully they can find some funding and get out there.

Warren Johnson is a very intelligent business person. He also isn't afraid to speak his mind. I have a lot of respect for that in a human being. I feel the same way about Whit Bazemore. Smart, see's things very black and white, and gives honest answers to valid questions.
I also hope to see them out there this year, but understand his position if funding doesn't come through. What a shame.

I rank this up to the same importance as the Pettys being out of NASCAR.... no more Petty Enterprise... sad day for the world of drag racing....

Billy

Looks like some of the independent teams who show up every year will have a shot at making the field...

It is getting to the point that I won't have to spend three hours each week to watch the NHRA coverage. (Becuase I won't have anyone left to root for.)

I am far more interested in watching Warren and Kurt race than anything else about an NHRA event. They are Pro Stock to me and without them it will never be the same for me.

I'm with Pat, Billy and the others that have the belief that without WJ/KJ an NHRA event could be less than interesting. May be the first Pomona/Phoenix events I will miss in decades.

I understand economic circumstances are very gloomy but I also hold the NHRA responsible for some of this internal meltdown. Their greed with the likes of "official sponsors of the NHRA" have all but killed dozens of energy drinks from spending with teams is merely the tip of the iceburg that could ultimately sink this Titanic organization.

WJ and Kurt are very smart businessmen if they aren't willing to race on their own dime we need to ask ourselves how many others will? My hunch is not to many!

I'm sorry but the NHRA needs to step up here. Revise their sponsorship policies, work more with the teams, something other then more lip service and press releases. WJ Enterprises and Kalitta Motorsports are cornerstones of NHRA drag racing. Tommy, Melanie, Hillary, et al... 2009 is shaping up to be a horrible year if you're a fan of drag racing.

I am far more interested in watching Warren and Kurt race than anything else about an NHRA event. They are Pro Stock to me and without them it will never be the same for me.

I'm with Pat, Billy and the others that have the belief that without WJ/KJ an NHRA event could be less than interesting. May be the first Pomona/Phoenix events I will miss in decades.

I understand economic circumstances are very gloomy but I also hold the NHRA responsible for some of this internal meltdown. Their greed with the likes of "official sponsors of the NHRA" have all but killed dozens of energy drinks from spending with teams is merely the tip of the iceburg that could ultimately sink this Titanic organization.

Dozens of energy drinks?! Lets see, Monster and Rockstar won't be back because the teams they were involved with couldn't hit their rear ends with both hands, and these companies received literally no return on their sizeable investments. VisViva didn't strike me as a true sponsor, I guess that's why they pulled out in the second half of the season. Monster, Rockstar, VisViva, etc all knew the rules and regulations going in, contrary to what the chronic complainers and conspiracy theorists on the Mater think. The NHRA will be just fine without WJ, and WJ will be just fine without the NHRA.

The NHRA will be just fine without WJ, and WJ will be just fine without the NHRA.

I agree with the latter part of your statement. However, the former...
People come to races to see Warren Johnson.
People come to races to see Kurt Johnson.
People come to races to see Tommy Johnson.
People come to races to see Melanie Troxel.
People come to races to see Hillary Will, Doug Kalitta, Rod Fuller...

See where this is going? :(

Makes one wonder about the silence coming from Glendora doesn't it? Drag racing in the scheme of things is not very large but NHRA doesn't seem to have a clue at this time. They give the appearance of not having any ability to step up and at least acknowledge there's a big problem. Great point on the energy drink deal and I doubt any of the "Official Sponsors" money ever left corporate coffers.

I could have sworn I heard somewhere that 1 if not 2 of the recent sponsors who have left TF were looking at PS as an option since they wanted to retain their "Official Sponsor" status.

I agree with the latter part of your statement. However, the former...
People come to races to see Warren Johnson.
People come to races to see Kurt Johnson.
People come to races to see Tommy Johnson.
People come to races to see Melanie Troxel.
People come to races to see Hillary Will, Doug Kalitta, Rod Fuller...

See where this is going? :(

People used to come to races to see Warren Johnson.
People used to come to races to see Kurt Johnson.
People used to come to races to see Tommy Johnson.
People used to come to races to see Melanie Troxel.
People used to come to races to see Hillary Will, Doug Kalitta, David Grubnic, Rod Fuller...

That's where I'm going. :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back