Will Larry Dixon race this year? Get the answer in this podcast (1 Viewer)

I certainly don't post on here nearly as often as I once did, and it's primarily due to the fact that it gets more and more difficult to exchange meaningful thoughts and ideas with people who have nothing intelligent to say and then hide behind a keyboard & monitor. I'm confident I've posted a few things in the past that have turned people off, but I'd like to think that even when I haven't agreed with someone(s), I've been open minded enough to listen (read) to what others had to say and keep the lines of communication open so we could find common ground.

Using Mark's implied logic about why Whit isn't racing (who, by the way I wasn't always fond of but I definitely miss him out there - the sport needs more like him), what does that say about Larry Dixon, JR Todd, Melanie Troxel, Tommy Johnson Jr., etc.? I say "implied" because he doesn't explain himself - it's all short sentences with no explanation.

On topic - Nice podcast from John & Larry, I look forward to more of them in the future. Larry made a great point about Snake's short sabbatical from the sport and how he rebounded - I hope Larry does the same.

Gordon, always good to hear your thoughts. I think Mark as well as anyone else have a right to their opinion, and just because it doesn't align with mine, that's okay. But I do agree that being snarky and dissing people with stupid nicknames is pretty childish. (Sorry, but true, Mark)

I personally became a fan of Whit's way back in his early years with the Flaming Fast Orange funny cars, and liked his passion for the sport then and even now. Anyone who listened to "Wednesday's with Whit" could tell he still appreciates the sport and still speaks his mind. Sure, I winced all the time when he said things in the heat of the moment and expressed his dissappointments visually and verbally, but at least you knew how much it hurt to lose. Does anyone disagree that Tiger Woods has the same problem? Yet, the masses still love to watch Tiger play, as he shows emotion, both good and bad, on the course. And guess what, he wasn't too good at interviews either.

Mark, I suspect Whit is on the sidelines for many reasons, one of which is he doesn't have tons of his own money to bring to table to "buy" a ride, which is just about the only way you can be out there now. Actually, Whit could be "out there" right now but he doesn't want to just do it on a shoestring at this point. If not on a fully funded team, then he's "been there - done that", and not interested.

Just my .02

Gordon, always good to hear your thoughts. I think Mark as well as anyone else have a right to their opinion, and just because it doesn't align with mine, that's okay. But I do agree that being snarky and dissing people with stupid nicknames is pretty childish. (Sorry, but true, Mark)

I personally became a fan of Whit's way back in his early years with the Flaming Fast Orange funny cars, and liked his passion for the sport then and even now. Anyone who listened to "Wednesday's with Whit" could tell he still appreciates the sport and still speaks his mind. Sure, I winced all the time when he said things in the heat of the moment and expressed his dissappointments visually and verbally, but at least you knew how much it hurt to lose. Does anyone disagree that Tiger Woods has the same problem? Yet, the masses still love to watch Tiger play, as he shows emotion, both good and bad, on the course. And guess what, he wasn't too good at interviews either.

Mark, I suspect Whit is on the sidelines for many reasons, one of which is he doesn't have tons of his own money to bring to table to "buy" a ride, which is just about the only way you can be out there now. Actually, Whit could be "out there" right now but he doesn't want to just do it on a shoestring at this point. If not on a fully funded team, then he's "been there - done that", and not interested.

Just my .02
Thank you, Kurt. And I agree with everything in your post, including people's right to state their opinions - whether I agree or like the way they do it or not. It's just often times easier to avoid the interaction altogether. Might sound like a cop out, but I usually have more valuable things to do with my time. Still, I miss talking drag racing with a lot of you so I'll do my best to stay engaged.

In a perfect world, Larry & Whit would both still be racing and this entire topic could be about their on-track exploits instead of opinions about why they're not out there.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

"Do not feed the trolls!" - Ignore the posts and it'll go away

Mark B = Troll

Whit's Smokin' Joes Mustang is one of my favorite looking cars. I don't know him personally so I can't say whether he's a good guy or not, but he was definitely a character who was worth watching and cheering for - or against.

Not everyone was born with a yellow brick road to a seat in a Funny Car. Whit persevered and won races.

So he pissed a few ppl off on the way. It's drag racing and there was a time when you didn't kiss your opponent at the end of the strip after he put you on the trailer.

Anyone who claims to be around to have seen yet can't recognize and respect that should have his Mater Card yanked.

ALL RIGHT!! THAT'S IT!!! :mad:

IF YOU GUYS DON'T SETTLE DOWN BACK THERE, AND GET BACK ON TOPIC, I'M TURNING THIS FORUM AROUND!!!
children360.jpg

Because I am considerably older than most of you, let's just say I've seen darn near all the greats who have been down the quarter mile in this sport and leave it at that.

The homeless guy who sits outside the local 7-11 and yells at the pigeons every morning when I get my morning coffee is considerably older than me too, but it doesn't make him right on all matters.

The homeless guy who sits outside the local 7-11 and yells at the pigeons every morning when I get my morning coffee is considerably older than me too, but it doesn't make him right on all matters.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Spoken like a true smart a*s :D

Last edited:
couldn't agree more! Whit spoke his true feelings, not the politically correct B.S. version and for that he gets a bad rap...

I dont really care much for Whit, but I do appreciate the fact that he did in fact speak his mind and not the canned PC bull sh*t that most of todays drivers spew out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back