Will Larry Dixon race this year? Get the answer in this podcast (1 Viewer)

Good job John! What has Whit been up to? Kind of miss his weekly updates.

Whit got a job and doesn't have time. Larry says if the fans want him to do a podcast with me for the races he'll do it.

Really? I think Whit is one of the purest racers there ever was. Maybe he rubbed some people the wrong way, but I for one think drag racing suffered when Whit Bazemore left. Don't be so quick to overlook Bazemore as a whole package, I mean the guy started as a photographer and worked his way up into the top F/C's in the country, winning his share along the way. That's gotta mean something to someone besides me.

I agree, Whit is a racer's racer. He made huge sacrifices to live his dream. And rode out some nasty fires on the way. Not everyone has to love the guy, or root for him, but anyone that digs this sport should really respect what he accomplished. He's not too old by any means, so I still hope he makes it back out there.

ANYONE but Whit!

Typical post from a typical one sided drag racing 'fan' I use the word 'fan' loosely!!! Dude, there are other racers besides the ones that race for JFR!! You never offer anything real constructive, unless it has something to do with JFR, and even then you don't hit the mark!! Also when questioned on some of the stuff you write, you go missing and never respond. I'm guessing you're either under the age of 20, or you are an adult that never grew up!!

You don't have to like Whit Bazemore, but if you had a real love for this sport - you'd be able to at least show some respect for a great racer!! There are racers I don't like, but I can respect them, doesn't mean I have to like them.

If you can't construct more than 3 words, step away from the keyboard!

I'm sorry, but like Whit I'm honest and speak my mind - probably why I'm not that well liked around here by some!

Mike

Last edited:
I agree, Whit is a racer's racer. He made huge sacrifices to live his dream. And rode out some nasty fires on the way. Not everyone has to love the guy, or root for him, but anyone that digs this sport should really respect what he accomplished. He's not too old by any means, so I still hope he makes it back out there.

Ain't gonna happen!

Typical post from a typical one sided drag racing 'fan' I use the word 'fan' loosely!!! Dude, there are other racers besides the ones that race for JFR!! You never offer anything real constructive, unless it has something to do with JFR, and even then you don't hit the mark!! Also when questioned on some of the stuff you write, you go missing and never respond. I'm guessing you're either under the age of 20, or you are an adult that never grew up!!

You don't have to like Whit Bazemore, but if you had a real love for this sport - you'd be able to at least show some respect for a great racer!! There are racers I don't like, but I can respect them, doesn't mean I have to like them.

If you can't construct more than 3 words, step away from the keyboard!

I'm sorry, but like Whit I'm honest and speak my mind - probably why I'm not that well liked around here by some!

Mike

Whit a great racer? I don't think so!

Really? I think Whit is one of the purest racers there ever was. Maybe he rubbed some people the wrong way, but I for one think drag racing suffered when Whit Bazemore left. Don't be so quick to overlook Bazemore as a whole package, I mean the guy started as a photographer and worked his way up into the top F/C's in the country, winning his share along the way. That's gotta mean something to someone besides me.

couldn't agree more! Whit spoke his true feelings, not the politically correct B.S. version and for that he gets a bad rap...

couldn't agree more! Whit spoke his true feelings, not the politically correct B.S. version and for that he gets a bad rap...

As much as this going to come off as a bash, which I assure you it isn't:

There's no doubt that Whit's a true racer but the issue with Whit is that he seemed to have no brain-to-mouth filter installed! "Don't call him my teammate," yeah that's speaking your mind. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back