why the animosity towards DRO ? (1 Viewer)

Comp Plus is very good about checking the facts. Infact while I was at Bob Bode's shop after the World Finals someone from CP called Bob to verify if the rumor about him running the full tour in 2012 was true. It wasn't until after that phone call that they printed it on their website. There is a reason why you very seldom see any crew guys offering any info on one of these forums until the news has been released for the public. A lot of times the rumors start out being true, and then something happens and it all falls apart.

Last edited:
I don't think Jeff's rumor/fact stats are that bad.
He was right about Del.....here's my rumor.....there is no seat.:p

It's very cool for everyone in Sweden and Tierp........
Sorry if I came across the wrong way up here, no offense intended.

The Tierp Arena is not just a local yocal setup. The quality of that track has been proven and I know there are a few US based NHRA racers who have expressed more than a fleeting interest in showing up next year.

Sure, we've not seen that happen yet but the NHRA support is an interesting development.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Sorry if I came across the wrong way up here, no offense intended.

The Tierp Arena is not just a local yocal setup. The quality of that track has been proven and I know there are a few US based NHRA racers who have expressed more than a fleeting interest in showing up next year.

Sure, we've not seen that happen yet but the NHRA support is an interesting development.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Par, one problem with all Concrete tracks is the Top end doesn't hook like the first 330' does! I met Wayne McMurtry who worked for NHRA for years doing track prep, etc... He told me that they determined Asphalt had better grab the last 300-400' than Concrete. He even told me that at the Texas Motorplex, they ended up putting an asphalt coating over the track around 800-900' till the finish line Cause it worked better they found. Funny how this stuff works out.

As for the Swedish track, they had better get plenty of 6 sec. And quicker cars to lay down some rubber on that track to Get it worked in, or it will be Green as can be come National event time!

Par, you didn't, not at all. I've watched the goings on at Tierp as I am friends with Leif and he really wanted us to come over for the grand opening (I would have been racing before taking a trip to Europe) but either way, I'm a big fan of what they are doing and look forward to going over there in about 2 to 3 years if the alky cars don't get the rest of their blood sucked out of them.

(btw, if you see Leif and the gang, let them know I love the messages that I get from them and look forward to seeing them someday again!!)

As for the Swedish track, they had better get plenty of 6 sec. And quicker cars to lay down some rubber on that track to Get it worked in, or it will be Green as can be come National event time!

There have already been a number of good passes put down at that track. Next year it will be even better.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back