Why I saw no Drag Racing on 4/14/07 (1 Viewer)

Hope you never go to Pomona.

It's 5 bucks dude. You can't hardly go through the drive through at McDonalds for $5 anymore.

When was the last time you were at Pomona? Gen. parking's $10, And that's about a 10 minute walk to the gate! You want Pitside preferred, that's $25 a day! That's why I love Vegas, Gainesville and Houston, FREE Parking!!!

Only 5 bucks! Cool!

Parking in downtown Chicago, $20 minimum

Weekend parking at O'Hare economy lot, $52 minimum per race weekend.

Parking at Indy $20.00 per day.

Parking at Pomona per day $25.00

Parking for a Divisional..$5...piece of cake.

Tony, where do they charge to park for $20 at Indy? Lot 8's been $5-8 on Fri-Sat and $10 on Sun-Mon for as long as I can remember!

I can't even remember the parking deal at Joliet. I just expect to come home with absolutely no money in my pockets. The prices there are insane. Just like everything in the Chicago area.

Joliet parking isn't as bad as Gateway, the lot on the same side of the track was $5 last year and the lot across the street was $10. That's why I was mad about Gateway charging $20. I don't mind paying a little more at Joliet because the facility is far superior than the other non- Bruton Smith tracks on tour.

Tony, where do they charge to park for $20 at Indy? Lot 8's been $5-8 on Fri-Sat and $10 on Sun-Mon for as long as I can remember!
The lot right next to the Alky pit/Pro entrance(Gate 2). Pretty sure Fri thru Mon it is $20....but close as hell and well worth it....Lot 8???? have a nice walk!..but my guess is you like the terrace seats?

...also you can come into the track from 10th Street and Raceway Rd.

FACILITY MAP FOR THE MAC TOOLS U. S. NATIONALS

Last edited:
the lot tony is talking bout is/or used to be owned by simpson( i believe ), best parking there is if u walk in and out alot etc etc . if i didnt get gold key/ contestant parking passes i would definitely be parking there . parked there for many yrs.

the lot tony is talking bout is/or used to be owned by simpson( i believe ), best parking there is if u walk in and out alot etc etc . if i didnt get gold key/ contestant parking passes i would definitely be parking there . parked there for many yrs.
Especially on that Fri and Sat nite qualifier, you can run back to the car and grab your jacket.

Yeah, that 1/4 inch of dust was something else.

I've been going there for over 30 years and its always the same. Your right, they should pay us 5 bucks to park there. I guess I have to look at it like this... For big time drag racing, its a fee I don't really mind.

Little tip about parking at Pacific Raceways...once you get off the 18, instead of going right into the Gen. lot, just keep going straight to the dead end and then go right, go all the way down and you can park right along the side of the road or pay $5 and park in somebodys driveway..lots of cool homeowners down there who`ll let you park on their property for cheap. Pro pits are about a 5 minute walk.

Last edited:
Wow! This is great! Page after page on the great parking lot controversy. I'm sitting here at the computer grinning like a mule eatin' briars.
Very few large companies or businesses are aware of how many things they do to annoy their customers. The "suits" sit in their walnut paneled offices issuing edicts and leave some poor soul (like the parking lot guy) to take the heat. If Billy Meyer were to direct traffic in his lot for an hour or two, or Tom Compton would use the "toilets" provided for the fans; things would change.
It's not the 5 bucks, it's the "attitude" it reflects.
Here in Colorado, Pikes Peak International - a fine circle track recently destroyed by the brigands at NASCARP - had a policy of free parking to speed up traffic into the lots to avoid interfering with through traffic on the nearby Interstate highway.
Bandimere Speedway experimented with buses from offsite lots. The parking was free, but there was a charge for the bus. A nominal fee and a comfortable ride. It was great but, too few people used it and the experiment didn't pan out.
Cheers,
Ed

The lot right next to the Alky pit/Pro entrance(Gate 2). Pretty sure Fri thru Mon it is $20....but close as hell and well worth it....Lot 8???? have a nice walk!..but my guess is you like the terrace seats?

...also you can come into the track from 10th Street and Raceway Rd.

FACILITY MAP FOR THE MAC TOOLS U. S. NATIONALS

Actually Lot 8's not to far from the Westside Stands. Gate 2's by those Fuel tanks right?? I did stay there one year, took me like 45 min. to get out of there!

When Roger Penske was in the race track business he never charged for parking at any of his tracks. His feeling was that if you dont get them into your parking lot how are you ever going to get them into your race track.

To me five bucks to park isn't that bad depending on the location, BUT five bucks to park in the middle of a pasture that can turn into a mudhole in an instant, out in the middle of nowhere (Ennis Texas) is pretty ridiculious, IF we ever see pavement that would be another story, but they are not going to pave over a good hay meadow that can make money for one event a year. they can make a few bucks bailing hay off those fields during the year.

Pay to park at Indy? Geez thats a supprise, The last time I was at Indy for the nationals parking was free! Hmmm, come to think of it that was in 1963!!!!:eek:

I changed my mind and went to the Motorplex anyway. Paid the $5 to park and was given a FREE ticket before I got to the gate.....NOT BAD !!:D
Considering the racing you get to see and the cars it's still a bargain paying $5 to park !
I hope they don't charge at Rusk next weekend.....that's a long drive from Tightwad........

Guess that means they will be charging to park at the Nationals. I used to pay to park directly across the main entrance (easy in and out) in that farmer’s pasture, but it was closed last year and it looked like it is no longer operating.

Gosh, I thought that the parking in the pasture was a service for Billy once a year, in that he did not have to pay anyone to mow it (after 1000's or cars flatten it over the weekend).:D I agree with those saying the money is not a big deal, especially after you fork out for 4 seats every year. But like the NASCAR track here in the DFW area, after the first two years when qualifying was free and they looked out over the stands and saw 10’s of thousands there free one Friday, guess what? It ain’t free anymore! As a business man, I can’t blame them. I imagine some of those that go all four days or three may just cut back to one day. For many people, adding $15 to 20 for 4 days IS a big deal. Gosh, I may have to cut back on Red Beans and Rice this year!:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back