WHP/GRIC "Spring Training" (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Reportedly, Wild Horse Pass Raceway will host a test From Feb 3 through 6 for the pros . . . open to the public on Saturday Feb 6 only. The description of how to buy tickets for national event and get tickets for the test (for only $25) was so confusing that I'm not going to post it! Say what you want about Charlie and Firebird, but the National Time Trials were an incredible opportunity to get close to teams and cars. I really hope that this comes off, but people now running WHP could screw up a three car funeral. I'll post when I hear more.

Unfortunately, the Director of Operations is gone, good guy and fellow racer, and am curious to see what happens next. As for the Nitro Spring Training in Feb, hoping it will be open to other classes as well, would love to tnt on nitro-prepped track.

Paul, I was greeted with that news too when I got there on Saturday, I'm not really an insider and had no idea and it took me by surprise. However, I think the track is putting a significant effort into making it better and scheduling events, and getting people in the gate, and I was actually surprised at the crowd we had for Street Car Takeover. We'll see about the winter warmup, more nitro is good.

I wonder if that means that Tucson will have a busy winter with all the teams trying to practice in private?

The last time Firebird was selling tickets for fans to the warmup is one of the reasons the warmup left Firebird. Teams don't want to have to wait for scheduled times to run. Testing is all about running as many laps as you can, not dealing with sessions and a bunch of sportsman cars to wait on. At West Palm testing the testing fee would be waived if the teams agreed to run during their Friday and Saturday evening shows and even that wasn't enough to get some of the teams to want to stick around for the circus...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back