Who watches the qualifying show when it’s on Sunday only? (1 Viewer)

DanTheFan

Nitro Member
Looks like no TV show until Sunday this week. I get the competition from other sports issue but for me, I never watch qualifying on Sunday. So what could the sponsors get out of it? I already know the results ( come on, can’t wait two days) and the actual race is right after. So with Sunday being a major tv sports day (football anyone?) are you going to watch many hours of racing in addition to the other sports, family time etc.? OK, I’ll watch Brittany’s runs.

Spoiler alert: Don’t read on if you don’t want results.

But my fav TF entry is tearing it up. Brittany even pulled a.050 something light. Gotta be her week. Grubby gonna figure out the Sunday setup.

IDK how I'm going to do it. I'm a SF 49ers / SF Giants fan and we've got both games on at 10am and 11am PST respectively. Qual and elims are also on at the same times.

IDK how I'm going to do it. I'm a SF 49ers / SF Giants fan and we've got both games on at 10am and 11am PST respectively. Qual and elims are also on at the same times.
cough* cough* what did you just say ... :oops:

Put your purse back in the closet sweetheart, and change your priorities. This will be epic.

You can watch the games on the news.

I hope you are doing okay Paul.
👍

And we're going to need that matercred card back

With no Nascar Xfinity race Friday night at Richmond, why was there no Live coverage Friday night from Maple Grove? Never watch Sunday qualifying shows even when ESPN would do that.

Put your purse back in the closet sweetheart, and change your priorities. This will be epic.

You can watch the games on the news.

I hope you are doing okay Paul.
👍

And we're going to need that matercred card back
HA HA HA HAHAAAAA LMAO ouch! Hey, I was born/raised in Salinas, and Baylands was my first track, so naturally, I cheer for Giants/49ers. Well, I got the drags on the bigscreen right now, and 2 laptops and a pc to handle the other events.
Doing ok here. Hope you're doing great too! 👍

*edit: and as far as matercred, holy cow have I been here 18 years?! Wow time went by fast! Met a ton of cool people on this site.

Last edited:
I just DVR everything and watch it in the correct order on Sunday night. Fast forward through the filler stuff and watched the 5 hrs on today in about 2 1/2 hr.

do not watch sunday Q shows cuz we all know results from web. i'm not going to wait two days, not to mention i turn on utube and there's the results. nhra actually does a pretty
good job of posting #1 Q'rs on utube, plus any wrecks that mite happen.......yesterday i watched results on DRC and skipped the tv show cuz weather was awesome and got some work done.
somebody told me the nfl started this weekend too.

Really no reason to watch qualifying anymore. There are never more than 16 cars so there is no bump or drama. It's just 13 or 15 cars making test runs. And they aren't going to show you any P/S or P/SM runs either.

There are never more than 16 cars so there is no bump or drama. It's just 13 or 15 cars making test runs.
Did you not see Indy? I just looked at a couple of the next races and there's going to be more than 16 cars for each fuel category. So your assessment of never is inaccurate.

Really no reason to watch qualifying anymore. There are never more than 16 cars so there is no bump or drama. It's just 13 or 15 cars making test runs. And they aren't going to show you any P/S or P/SM runs either.
teams are trying to gain Q points of some sort, now thru early next year to Q for the first TF all-star race.

Never watch Sunday qualifying. I could never go to bed Saturday without knowing results. I pretty much gave up on qualifying all together a few years ago. I got home so many times with a pizza ready to watch it on dvr only to find out it didn’t happen or got bumped to another time or channel. In those cases they should have thrown it up on YouTube or something. It really took away my enthusiasm to watch the race on Sunday. I feel like they should make every effort to get people to watch qualifying. You would be way more likely to watch the actual race.

If something interesting happened, I'll watch it, but otherwise most of us know the results by then

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back