Who is... (1 Viewer)

TF: Dunn. I've watched him do things in the car that just don't look possible.
FC: Skuza. He's always been a great driver. You can also add Hoffman to the list, but I hear he's a happy guy in retirement. Cory Lee always impressed me as someone who coud drive anything, regardless of his last outing. Had he had more seat time coming in to the Pomona race, I think he'd have driven it to the stripe.

My votes for Mike Dunn. No question in my mind at all.

I've always thought Mark Oswald made a pretty good flopper pilot, and he's not driving. Did he officially retire? I know he helps out teams from time to time.

I still remember that time he blew the body off his car, getting his visor covered with oil in the process, and reaching up to open the escape hatch that wasn't there any more all the while still moving at over 100mph or so.

My votes for Mike Dunn. No question in my mind at all.

I've always thought Mark Oswald made a pretty good flopper pilot, and he's not driving. Did he officially retire? I know he helps out teams from time to time.

I still remember that time he blew the body off his car, getting his visor covered with oil in the process, and reaching up to open the escape hatch that wasn't there any more all the while still moving at over 100mph or so.

I just watched that a few nights ago & it still amazes me. Afterwards the late, great Steve Evans is describing the carnage as the camera shows the motor absolutely disintegrated between the frame rails. Unreal.

I just watched that a few nights ago & it still amazes me. Afterwards the late, great Steve Evans is describing the carnage as the camera shows the motor absolutely disintegrated between the frame rails. Unreal.

Diamond P keeps me sane between races... "I was reaching to see if the body was still there..." Unreal

I'll have to go with Mike Dunn. However, I don't want him to leave the booth! He's awesome in the booth! :)

I'd go with Jeggie, too if we were talking Pro Stock. I don't think he sees it like he's out of a ride though. He's doing so well where he's at.

I'd have to agree with you on both picks. However, I don't think Jeggie is ever without a ride. Just between rides, (in Pro Stocks), sometimes. You heard what VC said last week. "Like any other team owner, I'd love to have him". Or something to that effect.

Hmmm ... let me think ...

I post with with a bit of pride and a great deal of prejudice ... but my vote goes to me!!

I miss the fans, the fuel, the fire, the rush of adrenaline ... and (Jim, oh Jim, are you listening?!) my personal services deal with Oakley!!

Welcome to the mater, KC. Hope to see you back out there sometime. I seem to remember that you managed to a lot with a little.

I post with with a bit of pride and a great deal of prejudice ... but my vote goes to me!!

I miss the fans, the fuel, the fire, the rush of adrenaline ... and (Jim, oh Jim, are you listening?!) my personal services deal with Oakley!!

Personal services deal with Oakley...hey how do i get one of those?

Welcome bro...your a rockstar!

Personal services deal with Oakley...hey how do i get one of those?

Welcome bro...your a rockstar!

Thanks for the welcome J .... nice to be here. As for the Oakley deal, right place, right time ... mix in a little flair, a little speed, some success .. a dash of fire ... and there you go! And, as I remember it ... I was the original Oakley ( in Drag Racing at any rate ) Factory Pilot!

I'm an young old schooler, and I miss the old names and cars.

If it take bringing Raymond Beadle back to the starting line so the "Blue Max" can ride again, I'm all for Raymond!

Skuza

Although I have to admit to missing the flair and showmanship Spurlock brought to funny cars back in the thick of the Force era 90's. Ok, so I was a 16 year old girl back then. Anyway....:rolleyes:

AA/TF Don Garlits Alan Johnson, AA/Dale Armstrong, Dick Lahaie, Lee Beard

AA/FC Austin Coil, Bernie Fed, Jimmy Prock, Ron Swearingen

Top Fuel Hydro TF Sand AA/FA Famous Amos Satterlee

TAD BBFC Ken Venney AA Dale Norm Grimes Alan Johnson

Clutch Guys Dale Pulde Mike Dunn Cory Lee

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned a TF/FC great that technically doesn't have a current ride. Retired maybe, but the best TF/FC driver that is inactive would probably be Kenny Bernstein.

My next pick would be Mike Dunn. Also, how about Jerry Toliver ?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back