Where's insidetopalcohol? (1 Viewer)

Good question, must just be a renewal glitch on either the domain name or the webservice.

Will posted yesterday to his other moderators, to watch for spam... and for them to soft delete instead of just removing the thread? I think they got splattered, or the check got lost in the mail...:D But I always go there second thing in the morning...;) I'm getting the same thing you guys are...

I was on there yesterday and I checked his other board (insidefastbrackets) this morning and its fine but I just went ot ITA and it gave me the same renewal message.

Sorry for going off topic but how is top alcohol a sportman class in america the class is way to proffesional and too expensive to be considered sportsman

I don't think there's one good answer, but I'll take a stab.

There was a time when you might have called nitro cars sportsman since they could affordably/profitably put on shows at small tracks without sponsors. When they made themselves too expensive (One good friend says it was when they figured out they could use a high speed leanout to make them go a little quicker/melt the pistons, requiring the tear downs after each run) for this, alcohol cars stepped in to take their place. When I started going to local bracket tracks in the early 80s, alcohol funnies were still occasionally booked in and paid to make three pass shows.

I guess the days are about up for anyone running unsponsored in either of the nitro classes, huh? Wasn't that long ago when you could see operations running nitro with lower annual budgets than people running for points in alcohol.

My numbers are old, but the last I heard a PSI blower for an alcohol car was going for $15,000 and titanium valvesprings were around a grand a set. Don't think carbon bodies and titanium trees are exactly free, either.

I think the main difference as far as NHRA is concerned is that pros get in free and sportsman still has to pay an entry fee. The entry fee almost seems a slap in the face for anything from comp up, or even for the budgets that some have in their super operations.

can't get in to ITA either, but I've been told by many of the NHRA Staff (at the track) that we are back to "Pro Sportsman" that's what our chassis cert tags say to.

For whatever it may be worth.

TTYL

Right off hand I would say that it has a server problem as all 3 site he has is down. I have a couple sites and that is some of the crap I get when they go down and it messes up the data base. Hope he has a good backup

Lanny

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back