Where are the Torrences? (1 Viewer)

Good job by team Torrence in Arizona today. They were sure going for it in the semi final.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----- Steve----- Billy
RT---- .067----- .095
60'--- .822----- .838
330'- 2.096----- 2.111
660'- 2.967----- 2.971
ET--- 3.698----- 3.699
MPH- 329.58--- 329.91

Its been proven over and over that Papa's money buys lots of horsepower. Not being negative just stating the obvious. I'd do the same if I had the chance
But it's ok for Brittany and everybody else to race on their Papa's money?

Its obvious you all hate Steve. Lmfao. That's what's so hilarious. You all, hate him so much and he's a badass at what he does.

Nobody talks this type of crap when Brittany wins on daddy's money or when Tony S won on daddy's money. Or anyone else for that, matter. It's absolutely hilarious. The fact that he rubs it in all of your faces by being so good is even funnier. You don't win championships with just money. That's a fact.

Yes, Steve is a badass. Put Mike Salinas in that car on that team and he wouldn't win a single championship. Much less 2.

He proved that last year with AJ. It takes a lot more than just money and a big budget to win in the NHRA. I'm not even a professional racer and I know that.

It also proves how good Billy is. You don't beat guys with decades of experience because you suck. Even with millions in the budget. Billy's a badass, too. He didn't win that sportmans championship because they felt sorry for him. <shrug>

Last edited:
You are right...and they call it Richard and Bobby. ;)
It helps that the Torrences can actually drive.

Put Mike Salinas on that team with everything they have and he wouldn't have 2 championships. That's a fact. He's just not that good, which you have to be to win a single championship. Much less 2.

It helps that the Torrences can actually drive.

Put Mike Salinas on that team with everything they have and he wouldn't have 2 championships. That's a fact. He's just not that good, which you have to be to win a single championship. Much less 2.
Or Britt..... same as Salinas; just not that good. Arguably the best car out there - thanks to David Grubnic - yet rarely goes past round 2.

Where are the Torrences?
They are right where they belong!
1. It is not just the 2nd generation driver that came up through the ranks and has been racing 1/2 his life.
2. It is not just that Capco has the means to have anything they need and are willing to get it.
3. It is not just that they have arguably the most extensive and best clutch program in the sport. A full time clutch man who catalogues the massive inventory and even grinds to less than .001 out and hardness checks the new discs. When you need a whole building for your clutch parts it is a lot.
4. It is not just that you have Richard Hogan who is a 2nd generation drag racer and his father was the top guy in Florida until Garlits passed him up & then Garlits was his mentor.
5. It is not just that the second generation Lagana's who are pretty good on their own and can take over CC duties on their own when needed.
6. It is not just that the core crew has been there for years and work together flawlessly.
7. It is HOWEVER that JUST all these things line up together and makes it more likely to win than to lose.

Last edited:
But it's ok for Brittany and everybody else to race on their Papa's money?
Justin, I suggest you reread my post with just a little bit of comprehension before you jump in and start quoting me whining about what I said. Believe I said I'd do exactly the same thing and nothing was pointed directly at any single person nor did I exclude anyone.

What they have is a great group of guys that are dedicated and meticulious and fresh/new parts all the time! The capco team is bad ass!
The thing that impresses me about the Capco teams is that not only do they run good but they are willing to help anyone else that needs it. I think this year we may see some pretty stellar runs in both of the nitro classes. I hope you are going to be running again this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back